04

Mystic Falls
When Elvina stepped out of the shower, she felt renewed. All the dirt and grime now down the drain along with her aching muscles. When she exited the bathroom, only in a towel, she recalled which room Bonnie had told her to go in.

When she made her way down the hall into the room with the oak door. Pushing it open, she stood there for a second taking in her surroundings. A plush white rug, and blood red drapes, accompanied by a white bed. She slowly walked to the bed, where a fresh set of clothes was laid out for her.

But, on her way to the bed she passed a full length mirror, and a glimmer on her chest caught her eye. The golden locket resting on her chest seemed alive, each movement causing a different glimmer. Her fingers found their way to the necklace as she remembered when she got it.

Year 999

"Oh dearest sister!" A young girl with small ringlets cascading down her face called in a sing-song voice.

Her older sister smiled at the sight of her sister running down a hill, giggles escaping her lips.

"Yes, Ariana?" 

"Yes, Ariana?" 

"Are you aware of what day it is?" The young girl, Ariana, skipped around her older sister.

Elvina pretended to think, her finger rested on her chin, tapping as if in deep thought. "No, I cannot say that I do." Elvina gave her sister a cheesy smile as she rolled her eyes at her older sister's antics.

"Oh rubbish. Guess I'll have to just give this locket to Miss Grenwich for her birthday next waning crescent." She held out a golden locket in her hand and swung it back and forth. Elvina stared at it and then looked at her younger sister and smiled. Ariana took a few quick steps towards and hugged her. "Happy birthday, Elvina."

When she pulled apart from her sister, she noticed someone standing not too far away

When she pulled apart from her sister, she noticed someone standing not too far away. "Oh! Elijah!" Elvina smiled and ran over to him, hugging her best friend. "I thought Klaus wanted you home today?"