Icy music

Mikiko combed her long chestnut hair, staring at her reflection at the mirror on the dressing table in her hotel room. Her mother, her dearest okaa-san, had once told her that her hair was her crowning glory, Mikiko's biggest pride.

Her father, her otou-san, however disagreed, saying that Mikiko's crowning glory, her biggest pride was her ability of playing the biwa. No one had bothered to remind him that it was him that had made Mikiko learn to play the biwa.

Mikiko, at that time who was not quite fourteen and hugged her biwa close to her and wondered- if she had so much things to be proud and be gloried for, why is it that her clan did not allow her to be a kunoichi when it is said that her chakra is quite very good for healing? Why is it that her parents look so disappointed when they glance at the katana they were suppose to pass to their child? Why is it that her parents sighed and shook their heads when they look at Mikiko?

Mikiko snapped out of her thoughts and put down her comb, stepping into a a long red tank top and a black jacket. Grabbing a pair of dark denim jeans, she laced her shoes, putting some necessaries in her pockets and strapping her biwa across her bag.

Even though it was her day off when the contract, you know what they say. Music is a deadly weapon.

Perhaps deadly enough to make sure Kabuto and those ANBUs stay away from her.

***

Shikamaru groaned again for the fifth time, pushing his empty coffee mug across the table. "So troublesome," he moaned, earning a slap upside the head from Temari.

"Quit complaining and focus on the task," Temari spat through gritted teeth. "We need Mikiko, sorry, Mizuyaki," Temari rolled her eyes and said Mikiko's last name very sarcastically. "To cooperate and follow us back to Konoha."

"Speaking of which, where's Sasuke?" Shikamaru glanced around.

"Here." Sasuke appeared, wearing a white buttoned shirt with the top three buttons unbuttoned, a black obi holding his katana and a pair of dark blue pants. His hair was tousled, as if just washed and he had wrist bands that were dark blue as well.

The female population os the cafe craned their necks to get a better look at Sasuke. Sasuke rolled his eyes.

"So," Shikamaru said. "What you think about the Mikiko thing?"

"Simple; kidnap her back," Sasuke causally replied.

"No, Uchiha!" Temari growled, glaring at Sasuke, then calming down when Shikamaru brushed his arms against her knee under the table. "No. Naruto will not be pleased. We must earn her trust."

"Women like sincerity," Shimamaru said. "Especially troublesome ones."

"Speaking of which," Temari diverted her attention at the cafe window. "There is she now."

Sasuke slapped some money that Naruto given on the table before rushing out, trying to catch Mikiko.

"Mizuyaki-san!" Temari shouted.

Mikiko flicked her head back slightly to see how was calling her and grimaced when she saw the three ANBUs. Why oh why couldn't they leave her alone, for kami's sake? She tightened the hold of her biwa's strap across her chest and walked faster.

She should have known she was no match for ANBU ranked shinobis.

Mikiko felt a firm hand on her shoulder. The grip was firm, as if telling her that she could not escape and she'd better listen to them. Mikiko scowled a the raven haired man whom she was told was Uchiha Sasuke.

"Uchiha," Mikiko said icily. "Let me go."

Sasuke shook his head. "Not until you follow us."

"Then I sue you for sexual harassment."