Ice no more

Fanart done by Sozu_Hiroku!!

***

Mikiko wonders how did she manage to get roped in playing truth or dare in Sai's house. Sitting on a beanbag arranged in a circle, Sai tosses Sakura a bottle.

Sakura grinned, spinning the bottle which stopped at Shikamaru. "Truth or dare?"

Shikamaru sighed. "What a drag... Truth, I guess."

Sakura paused, thinking of a question to ask the lazy genius. "Is it true that you answers questions and statements with 'what a drag' or 'troublesome' because you simply don't know the answer?"

 Heads turned and were eagerly awaiting the answer from Shikamaru. Shikamaru lazily stretched his arms, getting the cricks out of his neck. Then he yawned, slowly putting his arms down. 

"Of course not," Shikamaru said, "I don't answer because it is troublesome."

Most of the people sweat dropped. Shikamaru slightly smirked, pleased with his answer and spun the bottle and it stopped at Mikiko. Shikamaru's smirk widened. Jackpot... Shikamaru knew that either one Mikiko chooses is great.

If she chooses truth, Shikamaru can ask about her family.

If she chooses dare, Shikamaru will toss her in a closet with Sasuke, because Shikamaru knows that Sasuke has not succeeded with the mission Naruto names X-lover. Whatever that means.

Mikiko felt the sense of dread falling over her. If she chooses truth, no doubt they would make her spill about Kabuto. Dare seemed safe. For now. "Dare."

Shikamaru leaned to Temari and whispered something. Temari smirked, whispering to Ino. Ino's eyes widened and whispered something to Sai, who did to Sakura, who did to Naruto, who did to Sasuke.

"Right." Sakura pushed her hair behind her shoulders and both her and Ino stood up. "Your dare is to get locking in a closest."

Both kunoichis grabbed Mikiko's shoulders and escorted her to the closest. Mikiko didn't mind. In fact, this dare was a hundred times better than what she expected. 

"With Sasuke, of course."

Before Mikiko could react, she was tossed into the closest and Sasuke walked in. The door slammed and the lock clicked. Mikiko backed into a wall, feeling chills down her spine.

Not from Sasuke, not from how he could see through her soul. Not from how their pasts were similiar and not from how Sasuke knows what she been through.

But from the dark.

Mikiko remembered when during the dark night, when she saw the glint of Kabuto's chakra scapel and her parents bodies.

"Uchiha. Can you turn on the lights?"

There was a scoff. "There are no lights."

Mikiko silently gulped. She was scared of the dark, since that night. She slowly, she inched her way to the direction of Sasuke's voice, inching closer until their arms barely grazed each other.

"Scared?"

That question startled Mikiko, but she forced herself to be calm. "Of course not."

"That's why you are coming so close to me."

"Close to you?" Mikiko asked bitterly. "I thought I was going far from you."

Sasuke smirked, closing his eyes and opening them to reveal bright red. Mikiko was privately glad for the source of light.