Icy date

"Why you are apologizing to your daughter?!"

"It is my fault! I did cut her ankle accidentally when that cup dropped!"

"The rules of the Mizuyaki clan is always the same! Man rides above woman; elder rides above younger! You are her mother; you shouldn't apologize to her!"

"That is just absurb! I cut her ankle when I dropped the cup! It was an accident; of course I should apologize!"

"She's going to be soft and useless if you keep treating her nicely! As if she isn't useless enough!"

Mikiko shut her eyes, making a cave out of her blanket, huddling under the material. Useless... That's what her Otou-san describes her as.

Useless.

Because she was a girl.

Okaa-san tried to defend her but no one could really out-talk Otou-san. That was why he was the next in line to succeed as the head of the Mizuyaki clan.

No one ever shows their feelings in Mikiko's house. The only time when peace was around was when Kabuto-nii visited.

Mikiko smiled as she thought of Kabuto, her cousin. She thought of him like a brother. She and their parents loved him and treated him as a part of their family.

As the fight rage on, Mikiko fell asleep, unaware of the silent figure creeping into her room, absorbing her chakra.

***

Memories. Mikiko wasn't particulary fond of them. Some made her randomly smile - which was rare- and those led to Sasuke questioning her sanity. Some made her cringe, which showed as a grimace externally. Some made her shoulders sag then her jaw clenched.

Like that one now.

So as a attempt to distract herself, Mikiko faced Sasuke who went home after a mission. "Who's your day?"

"Hn."

Mikiko sipped the tea in her mug. "No missions?"

"Hn."

Mikiko, having already irritated by her memories, slammed her mug on the table top. "Say something else! Stop being so stotic!"

Sasuke snorted. "The pot calling the kettle black, Miss Ice."

"Stop calling me that! Besides," Mikiko glared. "I know when to show my feelings. You don't."

"Feelings are worthless," Sasuke said, crossing his arms and leaning against the walls.

"If you say so, then you can obviously withstand tests concerning feelings," Mikiko hissed. "I am going to prove to you showing feelings are not so bad as you think."

Sasuke raised an eyebrow. "Do your worst."

Mikiko paused, walking over to Sasuke. The two have a stare off then Mikiko stepped directly in front of him, placing her hands on his chest.

"Sasuke," she breathed into his ear, placing her lips at the hollow under his ear. Mikiko felt Sasuke tense and she smirk, kissing his neck and trailing butterfly kisses to his jaw. She worked her way upwards, pressing her lips to the corner of his lips, delibrately missing.

That was it.

Sasuke growled, flipping Mikiko around until she was sandwiched between the wall and Sasuke. As he pressed his lips roughly against hers and when his hands travelled to her waist, Sasuke decided that showing feelings when Mikiko and he was alone wasn't such a bad thing after all.

***

"Is that flower the one I gave you?"

Mikiko's free hand that wasn't entwined with Sasuke made its way to the flower in her hair. The fake rose that Sasuke given her was attached to a clip and pinned to her hair.

"Yes, so?"

Sasuke smirked. "Falling for my charm already?"

Mikiko mimed gagging. "Excuse me while I puke. So where you bringing me?"

"You whine that I never bring you to dates," Sasuke rolled his eyes. "So I'm bringing you to one. Here we are."

"A pub?"

To Mikiko, that date wasn't much of a date. Drinking alcohol wasn't such a pleasant date, but at least it was better than nothing.

Too late, when Mikiko discovered that Sasuke doesn't like to be mentioned of his brother. Espcially the fact that he killed his brother.

"So," a ginger haired man who was obviously drunk slurred, pointing to Sasuke. "You are the wayward Uchiha. Killed your own brother, the man of honor and pride of the leaf and tried to destroy our village? Tch. What a useless Uchiha."

Sasuke's fists clenched.

"I mean, you would think that Uchihas' sights are good, seeing they have the mighty sharingan. But you're so blind, you killed your brother!"

Sasuke, who remained dangerously quiet until then, swung his fist out and hit the man's jaw squarely. The man gave a cry of pain before growling and launching himself at Sasuke. Sasuke dodged and bent down, swiftly kicking the man.

"Sasuke!" Mikiko shouted. "Stop!"

The man shouted in pain and fell on his back. Sasuke's eyes flashed and lightning cackled from his hands. Then Sasuke gave a shout of pain and fell on his knees, hands clutching his hand.

"That's enough, Sasuke."

The crowd, which had gathered around, parted, revealing Kakashi with one of his hand held in a hand seal. When Sasuke had returned to Konoha, Tsunade placed a jutsu on him. Whenever Sasuke is going out of line, Kakashi can make his chakra weakened and place him in a splitting headache.

Kakashi's eye fell on Mikiko and softened. He released the hand seal and Sasuke gave one last choked groan before he stood up. Gritting his teeth, Sasuke formed a hand seal and disappear in a puff of smoke.

Mikiko silently sighed. Some first date.

_________________________

You guys have no idea how hard it was to write this chapter! Oh! I just realized! This story will end in.... erm *count count* Three chapters, if I'm not lazy, haha. I just decided a twist in the last chapter than solve in the in the epilogue. Confusing? Hm, I'm confused too.

Lol. Love you all, my readers!