1 | Dreaming of You

COLE

My heart was racing.

This is it.

"Cole," she whispered as she stepped closer to me, her chest right against mine. I barely resisted from shuddering at the contact. I looked down at her frame with heavy-lidded eyes. This girl was barely touching me and I felt myself begin to lose it.

It's finally happening. I looked into those beautiful brown eyes. I could stare at them- get lost in them- all day. I started to lean in, puckering my lips for the kiss I have been waiting weeks for. Her breath hitches and it was the best sound that has ever reached my ears. I can feel her warm breath on my face as we leaned in closer. Our lips were-

BEEP. BEEP. BEEP.

My eyes snapped open and I glared at my alarm clock. You have got to be kidding me.

I grabbed my pillow and let out a shout into it.

My name is Cole Roberts and I'm a senior in high school. I just turned 18 years old and live in Washington. I had a perfect life- popularity,  a best friend, family, and music. What more could you ask for?

How about these dreams to stop?

With a grunt, I shuffled around in my bed to turn off my alarm clock. I laid on my back and contemplated the dream that has occurred for the last 5 weeks.

The dream has occurred for 35 nights straight.

I know, it sounds crazy but it's true. I can't get her out of my head.

Her.

My heart skipped a beat and instantly pictured her. She was permanently ingrained into my mind. Her small lean body towered by my tall built frame. Beautiful dark hair flowing down her back, framing her oval shaped face. The most amazing chocolate eyes that I can stare at all day.

A meteor could hit the planet and I wouldn't even notice. I'm too entranced by her beauty for my own good. Her luscious lips were always turned into a sweet smile. She was one word.

Beautiful.

I knew if she asked me for anything, she would get it with a snap of her fingers.

Great. I sounded like a lovesick teenager. Well, I am a teenager but you get the point.

"Cole, you have ten minutes to get downstairs before I drag you down! You're going to be late for school!" I jump from my mother's strong voice.

I feel the love. Not.

With a loud groan, I got out of my bed and started to get ready for school. I picked out a pair of black jeans and a white shirt with my worn out converse. I rushed into the bathroom to brush my teeth and ran my hands through my blonde hair.

I quickly ran down the stairs before my mom can personally castrate me.

"Morning Mom. Morning Dad." I greeted and kissed my mother's cheek.

"Morning Sweetie, don't forget your father and I have a date and won't be home until late tonight. Watch your sister please." Mom reminded me, practically wrapped around my dad's side on the living room couch. Gross.

But how could I forget? My parents go out together every Friday night. You see, my parents are very much...in love. 

Back in their day, they were the "it" couple when they moved into this town. You can spot them staring at each other all day, not caring if they get caught. They always have to be touching or kissing or cuddling or whatever. As much as it disgusts me, I can't help but feel a little envious.

But a big part of me doesn't want to settle into a huge mush pot like my dad.

"Alright. I gotta go. See you guys later." 

With that, I grabbed a granola bar and shoved it into my worn out backpack. I ran and grabbed my keys out the door. I go to my baby, Michelle (my motorcycle), and made my way to school.

***

I parked in my usual spot and kicked the stand. I can practically feel the lustful stares from the girls and jealous glares from the girl's boyfriends. I felt the urge to flip them off because, hey, it's not my fault. I roll my eyes at them and continue doing my business.

Walking out of the parking lot, I go directly to my best friend, Dylan, who is leaning against the wall with a smirk on his face. He can sense my annoyance from the other peers. 

Dylan and I had been best friends since diapers, frankly because our mothers are best friends. We were practically raised together.

"Hey man!" Dylan said with a smile and we do our handshake we made up in middle school. "Still not used to the stares, huh?" He chuckled. I rolled my eyes again. As much as I liked being popular, I didn't necessarily need to be in the spotlight.

"Hey Dylan, anything new?" I questioned, ignoring his last comment as I see him jumping up and down. 

"Nothing much. I heard there are new people in town and starting school next week. Everyone in town is talking about it." Dylan said with a small frown. He furrows his eyebrows. "I think it's a girl attending the school."

"Well, let's see if she falls for the Roberts charm," I chuckled teasingly, earning me a mock glare. As much as I had my own flock of girls, I hadn't exactly wanted to jump every girl in school. I don't want the poor new girl to think of me as a man whore or something. I didn't need to be put into the high school stereotype category.

"Yeah right. I heard she has a boyfriend. Tough luck bro." Dylan said mockingly and patted me on the back.

For some reason, I felt sad for a second. I brushed it off.

Who cares? It's just another girl. 

Besides, I already have one girl stuck in my brain. I don't need any additions. Dylan doesn't know about my dream girl. If he did, he would have laughed his ass off. The idea of Dylan taunting me about my situation twenty-four seven doesn't sound appealing at all.

I shrugged and said, "Whatever. Ready for our gig tomorrow night?". Our band was playing tomorrow night at the only club in town. Everyone was going to be there.

"Of course man! We're living the life!" Dylan shouted causing some people to turn their attention to us.

The bell rang and everyone started going to their classes. I sighed in defeat as I thought about my first class. Ugh, chemistry was a pain in my ass.

As we were getting to class, I couldn't help but think about Dylan's words.