13 | Food Fight

COLE

"Come on, one kiss, please?" I pouted, trying to give her the puppy eyes. Rochelle giggled and wrapped her arms around my neck. I sighed at the warmth that spread through my body at her touch.

"Alright. I guess one wouldn't hurt." she mocked with a cute smile.

Grinning, I leaned down and-

"Marlene! Leave the kids alone!" Dad whispered. Well more like yelled. Dang it Dad!

I saw a flash behind my closed lids and groaned.

I groggily opened my eyes and found my mom shoving a camera in front of my face.

"They look so cute! My little boy is growing up!" Mom squealed.

Dad chuckled and saw my grumpy form.

"Morning son, want to tell us what's going on?" he asked playfully.

I rolled my eyes. My parents can be so nosey.

"Nope." I said popping the 'p'. I tried to remember my surroundings and found that Rochelle and I were completely wrapped around each other. Our legs are tangled together and my arms wrapped around her protectively. What is she doing here?

Everything came back in a flash and I squirmed a little bit. Yesterday had been absolutely crazy. But to be honest with you, it didn't faze me that much.

Well, anymore. Sure it was a lot of processing to do, but I knew something was different. These dreams weren't just from my imagination. They were real. That idea alone kept me grounded from insanity.

Rochelle started to stir from her sleep and I waited patiently for her to wake up, ignoring my parents bantering. Her eyes fluttered open, showing me her brown eyes. She smiled softly and I smiled back. I examined her whole face in awe. Wow, she's beau-

I stop in my tracks and my jaw dropped open. All her bruises were gone.

Vanished.

Disappeared.

The cut that was on her face was gone too, leaving no mark indicating it was there before.

I was about to open my mouth about it until I realized my parents were still in the room.

"What time is it?" Rochelle asked.

"Oh, about nine in the morning. You kids are late for school. We stopped Suzie from tackling you before she went to school. We would've woken you up sooner but you two looked so cute." Mom gushed.

"Mom." I groaned while Rochelle turned pink, hiding her face on my chest.

Giggling, my mom went into the kitchen. "How about I make you guys some breakfast, hm?"

"That would be wonderful Marlene. Thank you." Rochelle said gratefully.

Nodding her head, my mom went to the kitchen.

I noticed Dad was staring at Rochelle again. Why does he keep doing that?

"Ugh Dad, why do you keep staring at Rochelle like that?" I asked in confusion and a bit of annoyance.

Dad shook out of his thoughts and looked at me.

"She just reminds me of someone..." he said thoughtfully. "Rochelle? Where are you originally from?" he asked curiously, a glint shown in his eyes.

"Mercer Island, Washington. Why?" Rochelle asked giving him a weird look. She looked at me in confusion and I shrugged. My dad's eyes widened. He pointed his finger at Rochelle.