30 | Love

COLE

I couldn't see anything. I looked around to see if I can recognize anything.

What happened?

I covered my eyes as a bright light shined in front of me. I took a step towards it and realized what it was.

Is this the light at the end of the tunnel?

No. No way am I dying now!

Everything comes back.

The mission, the ceremony, the fight, Rochelle, the gunshot.

Let's also not forget the little number Rochelle was wearing.

In front of other guys. I tried not to dwell into that too much.

I ran the other way from the light until I found myself in the backyard again. It was empty.

"It's over."

I turn around and I see Rochelle, smiling at me. I rushed to her and hugged her tightly. I missed her so much. Rochelle started to cry as I pulled her closer to calm her down.

"I'm so sorry. I'm sorry you got shot. I'm sorry I didn't listen to you and been more careful and-"

"Rochelle. It's okay. Everyone's okay. It's all over." I cooed and ran my hand through her soft hair.

She sighed and snuggled into my chest.

"You better wake up soon. I'm freaking out while your unconscious. You are giving me a heart attack." She exclaimed.

I chuckled at her exasperated expression.

"Don't worry. I'll be up soon. Don't miss me too much." I said teasingly. She just rolled her eyes at me and rises on her tiptoes. I felt the anticipation race through me.

She gave me a soft kiss.

"I'll always miss you. See you later." She whispered.

Then she vanished.

---

Pain.

Ugh. It hurts like hell.

I let out a groan.

"Cole? Wake up, please. Open your eyes for me." I heard a plea.

Rochelle.

I tried to open my heavy-lidded eyes. After a few attempts, I managed to open my eyes to the bright light.

I began to focus on my surroundings. The room was white and it smelled horribly of disinfectants. I realized I was in a hospital. I focused my attention on the person I have been wanting to see.

Rochelle handed me and a cup of water, which I took gratefully.

After my throat wasn't as parched, I tried to communicate with Rochelle.

"Are you okay?" I asked hoarsely.

Rochelle looked at me incredulously.

"You got shot and you're asking me if I'm alright?" She asked shocked.

"Yep." I say popping the 'p'.

"You're ridiculous sometimes, you know that right?" She sighed shaking her head.

"But you love me anyway." I sang.

Rochelle stared at me intensely with her chocolate eyes. There was an emotion that I couldn't quite read. She was about to speak when the door opened.