9 | Pizza Delivery

COLE

I can honestly say, I have never felt so content in my life.

But I also have never been this distracted. I almost missed the turn to my house because I was so distracted. I loved the feel of Rochelle's arms wrapped around me. I purposely sped up so I could feel her arms wrap tighter around me. I couldn't help it. Her arms almost felt like they belonged there. It sent an electric feeling through my body and made it really hard to drive. Oh well.

When we parked in my driveway, Rochelle reluctantly released me. I felt cold all the sudden and frowned. Trying to brush it off, I get off the motorcycle and helped her get down. She's so tiny compared to me.

We walk through the door and met with yelling.

"Charles! How many times have I told you! Do not cook in my kitchen!"

Oh no. Dad attempted to cook again.

"Marlene, you said I could make som-"

"I meant a bowl of cereal! What were you trying to make anyway?" Mom chastised, her voice starting to quiet down.

Rochelle and I looked at each other, curious about what was going on. Silently, we walked to the kitchen doorway to see what the commotion was all about. Our eyes widened when we analyze the scene.

There was food everywhere in the kitchen.

And when I say everywhere, I mean everywhere. I can't even see the counter because it's covered with food. And in the center of this mess, I see my embarrassed dad covered in batter, smiling innocently at my mom. My mom looked ready to smack him.

"Ugh, you're lucky I love you, idiot," Mom mumbled.

"But I'm your idiot." He said with a goofy grin.

Now that's just gross. I clear my throat to show my arrival and my parents whipped their heads our way, eyes widening.

"Um, hey Mom. Hey dad. This is Rochelle. She's new to our school and we're doing a project together." I say slowly trying to make sure to get the message.

Act a little bit more normal and don't you dare embarrass me.

Rochelle waved shyly, but her eyes were full of amusement to the scene in front of her. My mom did a complete 180 and gave her a warm smile.

"Hello dear. Please call me Marlene. It's lovely to meet you. This is my husband, Charles." she said warmly. She gestured to my dad, but my dad was too busy looking at her in shock.

"You okay there dad?" I say teasingly.

My dad scoffed.

"Well, I wasn't expecting you to bring a date home. I will always be thought of as the man covered in batter" my dad pouted. My mom rolled her eyes.

"Come on Mr. Pouty. Let's get you cleaned up." they excused themselves and went upstairs.

I turn to Rochelle, embarrassed. That wasn't the best or worst impression my parents gave. I'm also relieved. They could have done more damage. No need to scare her away.

"They seem like fun," Rochelle said with a grin.

"You could say that," I commented.

"Come on, let's get to work on this project," Rochelle said as she went through her bag to grab the large packet. Inside consisted a bunch of labs we had to work on at home and to write down our observations. I groaned at the number of papers in the packet while Rochelle laughed at my expense.