21 | A Future

COLE

"Cole Bernie Roberts-" Mom raged.

"Mom, it wasn't my fault!" I defended gesturing towards the broken window. Broken glass was scattered throughout the room. Luckily, Rochelle and I weren't cut by any of the shards.

"Then what in the hell broke this window? Last time I checked, you were in this room." Mom growled looking at me with daggers. I felt a bit of fear go through me as I gulped.

"A brick," I muttered.

Mom looked at me confused. I showed her the brick and the note on my bedside. She scanned the content on the note and her eyes widened. She looked up at me.

"You know?" Mom sighed. I nodded in response. Mom shook her head as she saw my dull expression. Rochelle rubbed my back in a soothing gesture as some of the hurt melted away.

"I'm sorry I didn't tell you. I didn't want to put you in our world if it wasn't necessary," Mom whispered. I gave her a smile in reassurance. I understood where she was coming from. She wanted me to have a normal life. As grateful as I am that my parents gave me that opportunity, I couldn't help the bit of bitterness I felt.

I could have met Rochelle sooner. 

She ran a hand through her hair. "I'm going to tell your father about this and go window shopping. Please clean up the mess so Suzie doesn't hurt herself," she said walking out of the bedroom.

I sighed and went to grab a broom. I started sweeping when I heard Rochelle laughing.

"What's so funny?" I asked bewildered. After the last ten minutes of drama, she's laughing?

"Bernie? Really?" She snorted.

I flushed. I remember telling her in my dream, but not in reality. Guess it had to come out eventually.

"My mom decided to punish me with that name. Come on, let's clean this glass up." I ordered playfully.

It took us an hour to clean all of it. It was on my bed, dresser, piano, and the floor. After we got rid of everything that could be classified as a shard, we laid on the living room couch, exhausted.

"You know, after telling you about being my soulmate, I was hoping for an intense make-out session. I wasn't really planning on cleaning glass from a stupid brick." Rochelle complained.

"I don't blame you on that. But," I grinned mischievously. "We can always finish it."

Before she could blink, I laid Rochelle on her back, not taking my eyes off hers. I get on top of her, using my forearms to support my weight. She wrapped her legs around my waist, securing herself to my body.

I put my lips on hers and greedily took everything she gave me. Rochelle moaned and I shoved my tongue into her mouth. She moaned louder and I smiled at that. I left her lips and trailed kisses down her jaw to her neck. I started sucking and nibbling on the skin there, causing her to gasp.

My body was on fire, being consumed by the flames. I could tell she felt the same way with the little noises she made. Rochelle began trailing her hands down my chest and the inside of my shirt, tracing my tattoo. I suppressed a moan. I could tell this was getting out of hand, but we didn't stop. I couldn't stop if I I tried. We heard the door open but were too lost to do anything.

"Kids I'm- oh my!" Mom laughed.

We pulled back, panting for breath. We turned and saw my mom with a smirk on her face.

"Having a good time sweetie? Sorry! I'll leave you to it! Remember to use protection!" She said a little too excited.

"Mom!" I shouted, embarrassed as she ran away. Nosey mothers.

I looked at Rochelle but my eyes went straight to her neck. She had a big purple hickey on her neck. I felt a giant male grin form on my face. People will know she's mine now.

Wow, territorial much? I can feel my possessiveness towards her increase. It's very foreign to me. But I discovered these feelings once I met Rochelle.

I cleared my throat.

"Ready for bed?" I asked awkwardly.

Rochelle nodded and we went upstairs. Rochelle was about to go to her room, but I blurted, "Do you mind if I sleep in your room tonight?"

I went wide-eyed.

Yes, I did want her to sleep next to me, so I can wrap my arms around her while we slept. But I don't want Rochelle to think I'm some clingy boyfriend. But then again, my window was broken.

I was just being reasonable.

"I-If you want to. You don't have to, it was a suggest-."

"I would love for you to come over." she smiled.

"Just let me get ready." I nodded and went to my room. I got dressed quickly in pajama pants and ran to Rochelle's room. I knocked and she called me in.

I spotted Rochelle in sweats and a shirt that was too big for her. Wait a minute....

"Is that my shirt?" I asked curiously, a goofy grin forming on my face. She blushed furiously.

"Maybe?" She said, making it more of a question than a statement. I chuckled.

"Don't worry Sweetheart, you look better in it than I do."

I went to Rochelle's bed and got in. She joined me and automatically went to snuggle into my side. My arms wrapped around her waist and pulled her closer. My body was practically sighing.

She nuzzled the crook of my neck and mumbled a goodnight. I kissed her forehead and watched her doze off. Once her breathing evened, I felt myself relax. I nuzzled my face into her cherry scented hair and went into a peaceful slumber.

---

"Daddy!"

I heard little steps running down the hallway. I kneeled down, ready for my daughter to launch herself into my arms. As I predicted, a blur of brown launched itself on me.

"Hey, baby girl. How was your day?" I asked. Her blue eyes widened in excitement.

"Mommy and I went to the park," she said happily. She rambled to me the games they played and the things she got to see. I smiled at her. My princess was too cute.

"Where's Mommy?" I asked.

"Right here. You know, your son is a troublemaker." Rochelle exclaimed, waddling down the hallway. Her baby bump was very prominent. He should be due any day now. I looked at her lovingly.

"He's just excited to meet his new family." I declared.

Rochelle giggled and I gave her a peck on the lips. I picked up my little girl and we went to the kitchen for dinner.

------------------------------------------------------------

I woke up with a smile on my face. I looked down and pulled a sleeping Rochelle closer to me. I studied her calm expression, her eyelashes resting on her cheekbones with her mouth parted slightly.

I really hoped that dream comes true.