19 | Beach Day

ROCHELLE

The school day was interesting.

There were whispers and envious looks everywhere I went. It was so annoying, but I tried to ignore them. I hate being the center of attention, which is ironic since I am 'officially' apart of the popular crowd.

Nothing eventful happened after our grande entrance to school.

"You bitch!" A heard a shriek.

Never mind. Spoke too soon.

We were at lunch laughing about something, until Victoria marched to our table.

"I don't know how you are with Cole but he's mine, slut. Did you just open your legs for him?" she growled. She turned to Cole with rage. "I offered that to you and you want to go with this thing?" Victoria spat as she eyed me with disgust.

I was fuming. How dare she accuse me and my boyfriend of that! I was ready to punch her but Cole held me tighter to him. He kissed my forehead and glared at Victoria.

"I never wanted to be with you like that Victoria. And I would start slut-shaming her. Look who's talking!? You have opened your legs for over half the male population in this school! Don't you dare insult or disrespect my girlfriend. I may not hit girls, but if you do anything to Rochelle I will make you pay for it." Cole gritted out. He was shaking in anger. I nuzzled my face into the crook of his neck in an attempt to calm him. 

Victoria's eyes held a bit of fear, but she kept her chin up.

"Oh please! We all know you want to be with me. Is she threatening you? I will kill her if you want me too." she said a little too eagerly.

We all looked at her dumbfounded. Can she get anything through her thick skull?

"Listen Victoria, Cole isn't yours anymore. He's mine. I suggest you find someone else to cling over because he's not interested. Stop being a bitch and move along with your life!" I growled.

I turned around and continued eating my lunch. Victoria let out a shout of frustration.

"You will pay for this. All of you." she whispers. She stomped out of the cafeteria.

"Woah. That was hot." Dylan breathed as he looked at me with a bit of reverence.

Cole slapped him on the back of the head.

"Watch it. She's mine." he said playfully with a hint of seriousness in his tone.

We all laughed.

"Girl, that was amazing. I wanted to punch her for her accusations. Opening your legs? Please." Sabrina huffed. I smiled at her. These guys are loyal to each other.

Lunch was over and the rest of the day went smoothly. I was paranoid however. Derrick was no where to be seen. What is he up to?

"Everything okay?"

I snapped out of my thoughts and smiled at Cole's concerns.

"Absolutely. Let's go. You know, we still have a science project to do." I smirked knowingly. Cole groaned.

"That sounds terrible...oh well. You'll be there. I am all good for this chemistry project." he declared.

We got on his bike and we went back home.

---