{4} Chapter - Edited

There beside this story is the ANOTHER OFFICIAL trailer for Hush, Howl! It's made by IridescentStarlight! Thank you again for the effort!

DON'T JUDGE TOO QUICKLY! GIVE IT A CHANCE! THE EXCITEMENT WILL OCCUR AS THE STORY PROGRESSES! 

Hush, Howl {4}

Darren

The game had been really tough, our rival team was really fast that they managed to score a few touchdowns. But, stating the fact that werewolves are incredibly fast and our endurance and stealth level are to the max, we were doing better than they are. Since Jackson High’s players are exceptionally trained and experienced, we had the pleasure of leading the game into victory.

        Only about thirty seconds were left, and Jackson High’s score is currently inferior to our rival school's by five points. We are starting to lose hope of winning, but we can't manage to give up 'til very end. This was our last chance to score a touchdown. If we can do it, we can obtain six points. Add the fact that we still had the try-for-point, it would turn the tables. Kicking instead of a touchdown would surely not do. The linemen from both teams were unyielding but they still managed to open up a path for me, so I broke through the middle and set my sights on the goal.

      "It's a scramble! Quarterback Darren is running the ball himself!" Said the announcer or whatever he was called.

        Sweat drifted from my forehead and trickled down my face. My breathing was ragged and my heart was practically racing inside my chest as a sign of severe fatigue. My eyes were set on the goal--those tall posts that still seemed so far away.

        A lot of players blocked my path trying to tackle me down, but I still managed to get past them. I won't lose the ball in this last play. This was our last chance of victory and I won't hand the glory to the other school.

        I urged myself to go faster until one of our enemies came from the side and tackled me down even before I got to the end of the field. I held the ball out in front me as far as I could, hoping it somehow reached the goal. I closed my eyes as suspense came over me. I did the best I could.

         "TOUCHDOWN!" The referee called. 

        We gained points that undoubtedly triumphed over our rivals just before the time was finished.

        We have won.

        I looked high up in the sky, hearing my pulse pound loudly on my ears. I breathed in and out, smiling as the crowd cheered deafeningly on their seats at our success. My team members pulled me back up on my feet and hauled me over their shoulders, carrying me high up in the air for my achievement.

        I lifted my fists in the air and yelled, “Jackson High rocks!” My exclamation made the crowd yell even louder than before—well, at least the people on our side. The other people who were in for our rivals were either whining and crying for the lost or shouting protests against the people responsible for judging.

        The speaker eventually declared our victory and ended the game night. My team mates set me down on the ground carefully, and I rushed to the crowd where I’ve seen the girl with the flaming red hair walk through. I’ve got admit that I stole a few glances at her while playing. She was beautiful. But I cannot remove the doubt within me. What if she wasn't the one I was looking for?

        But then, to my dismay, her figure was lost on the crowd of people. There were students and others who blocked my path and started congratulating me for my achievement. There were even girls who threw compliments on my feet. Somehow, their presence were hindering me from finding out who was that girl. It’s actually killing me. The suspense was achingly irritating.