{19} Chapter

Hush, Howl {19}

=Darren=

Sapphire wasn't around school today and I feared that it was about what happened last night, though I was relieved about Rosy informing me that she had lost her flute and decided to stay behind to look for it. Too bad, I brought her flute with me just so that I can give it back to her.

It just so happens that she fell asleep, and I have to creep into her bedroom to put her back to bed--after shifting back into my human form of course. I brought boxers with me just in case! I don't want to walk around naked.

I managed to navigate my way around the house because of her scent, and I wasn't caught because of my stealth.

She was covered in grime and dirt so I decided to change her into fresh, new clothes. I did not look though, it would be a pure torture to do so. I'm only going to hurt myself.

I decided that jumping out of her bedroom window would be the fastest way to escape. So after leaving her room, I closed her window again and leaped back into the forest after shifting into my wolf form.

Heading back to my house, I felt a sudden urge to go back to the place where Sapphire usually plays. I decided to follow my instincts. Reaching the spot, there were silver glints caught my eye. The moon was shining directly towards it.

Shifting back into my human form, I approached it and noticed that it was Sapphire's flute.

She left it here.

There were rustles that alerted me, so I snatched all the flute from the ground and burst into an incredulous speed.

I headed straight to my bedroom, through my window and jumped on top of my bed.

With the flute in my hands, I scrutinized it closely. There were a few scratches that messed its appearance. It needs some retouch and polishing. But other than that, there are no harm done.

I shook away those thoughts and boarded my car after saying a small goodbye to Rosy and Daniel. He's planning on staying behind while I was excited on coming over to Sapphire's house.

Just when I turned the keys into ignition, making the car rumble to life, I received an incoming call from my father.

Clicking the 'answer' button, my father's voice echoed from the receiver.

"Darren, we have a big problem." His weary voice stated.

"Yeah, what's wrong?" I asked.

"Let's discuss it later," He said. "Right now, I'm calling for an urgent pack meeting. Each member has their presence required immediately." His voice rang with authority.

"But--" I wanted to object about coming over to Sapphire's house before that, but he cut me off.

"I want to hear no protests from you, Darren. You are my successor and you must perform your responsibilities." He made a short pause. "Be here as fast as you can." With that, the line was cut off.

I removed the phone from my ear and stared at the screen, it was flashing the word 'Call disconnected'.

I sighed and placed it on my front pocket.

Stepping onto the gears, I drove out of the students' parking lot and headed straight to the pack house. Whilst driving, I decided to text Daniel regarding the situation and he told me he'll be right on my tail.

I felt quite disappointed for leaving Sapphire hanging. Even if I hated to admit the fact, I was really looking forward on seeing her this afternoon. But then again, I guess that'll have to wait. These soon-to-be-alpha responsibilities intended on me was really getting on my nerves.