{20} Chapter

{20} Chapter

=Sapphire=

I've missed my flute dearly and sometimes, I thought I was going to go crazy. But not only that, Daniel and Darren didn't show appearances from the past few days. It's been weeks and somehow that troubles me. Especially because of the family issues that Darren had mentioned of them having.

Still, he kept contact through texting and Daniel did the same to Rosy as well. Even though they kept us company through our mobile devices, it isn't like the way when they're physically present.

It was already December 15, the temperature dropped and snow started falling since the last week. And besides that, I was dreading the day that'll be coming for me tomorrow. The sixteenth day of December is the day of my parent's death, it's also the day which I'll be turning seventeen.

Good thing the school holidays was in early. Our biology professor gave us some project so that we'll be doing something instead of relaxing.

Right now, I was sitting on top of my bed with my headphones on. I was listening to the music of Christina Perri to keep myself preoccupied, and I was also cradling my phone in my hands.

"Sapphire?" two, loud knocks followed. Aunt Farris' tone was filled with worry. I can sense it despite of how hard she tried to hide it. "I've cooked your favorite. Lasagna!" She tried to make her voice cheery.

Though with the blaring music, my stomach rumbled in complain. I sighed and hopped out of my bed, leaving my phone and headphones behind.

Approaching the door, I opened it wide and greeted my Aunt with a wide smile. Her lips stretched into a wide grin. "I thought I'd bring some dinner to your room." She told me, holding up a plate of hot, steaming lasagna along with a spoon and fork.

I took the plate in my right hand and used my left to give her a one-side hug. She gladly returned the gesture. We left ourselves like that before I decided to pull away.

"I'll be in the kitchen if you want some more." She said before turning and walking away.

Hearing her footsteps slowly fade, I closed the doors behind me and climbed back on top of my bed.

Sitting cross-legs, I took the spoon in my hand and sliced a small piece before biting into it. The taste instantly exploded in my taste buds and my eyes turned glassy as I devoured it in my mouth.

Aunt Farris sure did made the situation worse. Her lasagna reminds me of mom's cooking.

My phone beeped beside me and I checked it out to spot a new message from Darren.

'Luk out ur wndow.

-D'

My brows furrowed at his message. Why would I look out my window? Is there another fall? And by fall, I meant snow. I complied to his instructions and drew the curtains to see what he was talking about.

To my utter shock, he was there. Standing there. Staring straight to where I am.

My jaws dropped.

This is way better than snow!

I drew the curtains close and grabbed my coat the was hanging by the stump on the foot of my bed. I slipped inside and zipped it up.

My heart thudded inside my chest and I ran out of my room in a hustle. My stomach was forming knots, making me realize that I was a little bit too excited.

I took a deep breath and slowed my pace as I slowly padded my way to the back and grabbed my boots from the shoe-rack by the door.

"Where are you going?" I heard Rosy ask behind me. I spun around and faced her.