{16} Chapter - Edited

Thank you for putting up with this story. :DD

****

Hush, Howl {16}

Sapphire

We managed to finish their project in no time and so Darren decided to celebrate by calling three big rounds of pizza for delivery. I’ve noticed something odd from the two boys when I came out from the bathroom. Rosy seemed bothered around me, too. I just don’t understand what have gotten onto this three. One minute they were laughing, and the next thing I knew they were already acting solemn.

      I decided that it was just a change of mood. But after my eyes fell onto the calendar pinned just above the headboard of Darren’s bed, I instantly grew . . . gloomy. The mark on his calendar told me that it was only a few matter of days before my birthday—the same day that I lost my parents and my voice, too.

      I didn’t really understand how the anatomy of my brain works. Why did it cause my voice to be gone completely—or if by any chance . . . temporarily. I never realized that I was staring at the calendar far too long that Rosy shook me out of my trance by tapping my shoulder and handing me something that I didn’t quite recognize.

      I looked up at her smiling figure then down at my hands to notice that I was holding a dual shock. My eyes swept across the room and my eyes fell on the television on the far-end corner. The play station was switched on and animated figures began to flash into the screen. I narrowed my eyes at Darren—he was holding another dual shock himself, smirking at me with a challenging expression.

      I must admit he wasn’t the kind of boy whom I expected to be. His room was neat and everything was in order.

      The walls were painted a navy blue and on the ceiling hung a fluorescent light that lit up the whole room. A fluffy green carpet covered the floor, free from any . . . trash or garbage.

      A bed was pushed up against the wall, covered in stripes of blue and moldy green comforters which have matching pillow cases that wrapped around his soft, cuddly-looking pillows. A nightstand sat beside his bed, on top of it was a blue lamp with a book as well. A television set was placed on the southern corner of his room, whereby almost every piece of video game stations can be found.

      My brows puckered at the sight of Xbox, Wii, Play-station 2, a DVD player, and a plasma screen television. His room wasn’t too big to make it so hard to travel around, or too small to make it hard to move—it was in between. His room was kept simple, and I liked it—just like I liked his personality.

      Weird.

      I never realized this feeling until I got time to think about what I’m saying. He wasn’t really that type of boy that ever made me feel uncomfortable. In fact, he seems to be the type of guy that was approachable, comforting and unbelievably sweet. I can’t think of any flaws that he may possess. He seemed really perfect . . .and his family was . . . happy. And I must admit his family was quite big.

      Standing from the spot where I was sitting previously on the floor, I trudged in front of the television and sat down on the spot beside Rosy. The game was car racing, so I wouldn’t have any problem winning it—which I did numerous times.

      “Damn it! Why can’t I win?” Daniel cussed under his breath, earning him a smack on the back of his head from Rosy.

      We were all in front of the television in an odd angle, laying flat on our stomachs with pillows under our elbows for comfort. Daniel was wiggling his car out of the tracks while I got on a great coordination with the incoming twists of the road. I bit my lip and allowed my fingers to travel to the controls and in a minute, I got straight to the finish line.