{15 - Christmas Bonus} Chapter - Edited

This is a CHRISTMAS BONUS TO ALL OF MY FANS, READERS, AND SUPPORTERS! So, hi! I want to take everything sloooowww I don’t want any of you getting annoyed because it’s a little be tooooo cliché and way tooooo fast as well. Grr, well! I hope you enjoy! This is the longest chapter that I wrote in my opinion and because it’s long…. I don’t know if it’ll bore you guys—but I added a bit of excitement in the end! So you shouldn’t miss it! ;) I hope you like it!

Hush, Howl – Christmas Bonus

Darren

Taking Sapphire and Rosy home with us made me feel a mixed emotion of anxiety and excitement. I was happy that Rosy’s mom allowed them to come over for our chemistry project, though I couldn’t help but feel anxious about how my parents would react when they are informed of Sapphire being mute. But I don’t care whatever reaction they may have. The thing that is important for me is Sapphire—I don’t want her getting hurt.

      My father had always advised me that having a mate means so much more than physical contact of intimacy. Mates are persons destined to be with us the through thick and thin—they are the companions who, no doubt, would never leave us alone despite of the difficult obstacles in life that challenges us.

      Those words encouraged and gave me hope of the fact that Sapphire and I could go through this together despite of her condition. Sure, she might be mute, but her language was distinctive. She was unique and different from the other girls that I’ve seen before. Regardless of the fact that almost everybody at school despises her because of her inability to talk, she still managed to go through every challenge that she faced in life.

      What made me think most about is how she was stuck mute. She was so beautiful that at first sight I expected her voice to be enthralling and melodic—not that I still believe in that fact. The whole day through I was asking myself—what could be the main cause why she wouldn’t speak? No matter how achingly painful it is to not ask her about it, I kept my curiosity to myself because—if possible—I don’t want to open those wounds that might’ve caused her to drop into situation. Something in my guts was telling me that she wasn't born without a voice.

      After school hour, we decided to head home straight—we don’t want any run-ins with Caitlin and her friends. The drive towards the pack-house was utterly quiet—despite of the awkward silence existing between Rosy and Daniel on the backseat. Sapphire looked longingly out into the wilderness, her eyes following every evergreen tree that we passed by.

      I examined her while driving. And it only happens that she was fidgeting with a golden necklace around her neck. I deciphered a carved figure of a wolf that looks as if howling to the moon. An amethyst.

      “You have a nice necklace.” I complimented, breaking the silence existing between us. Sapphire looked at me and smiled warmly. She held the necklace tight as if it would disappear in thin air if she ever would let it go.  She bobbed her head a single time at me and smiled.

      “It’s a family heirloom of hers.” Rosy piped up.

      “I forgot to ask.” I told her. “Where are your parents again?”

      My question made both of them quiet and I saw a hint of sadness flash in Sapphire’s eyes. I spared a single glance at the road to see where we are going before turning to Rosy. I perceived the same kind of emotion written across her face. Glancing on the road again, I turned to look at Sapphire and noticed that her eyes were slowly becoming teary. I guess this was really a stressing matter for the both of them so I decided to let the topic drop.

      After a few minutes, we pulled up in front of the pack-house and we all hopped out of the car—our bags slung over our shoulder.  My mother must’ve heard us arriving because the door opened and closed, then our mothers —Daniel’s and mine—emerged,  standing in front of us with excited expression plastered across their faces. I think I never told them about me bringing home my mate with me and Daniel’s too.