.2. {Maya POV}

The early morning sun flooded through my window and pestered me to wake up. I groaned as my dream faded and shoved my pillow into my face. After a few minutes of waiting I slowly sat up and opened my eyes. I was surprised to see Riley laying there still asleep beside me. She'd never stayed through the night before. She always got scared and called her father to come pick her up.

I smiled as I wiped the sleep from my eyes. She looked so peaceful. I debated which would give me more pleasure; allowing her to sleep, or pushing her off the bed to scare her awake. I took an extra minute to watch her before shaking my head with a devious smile. With one swift motion I slammed my hands into her side and she screamed as she tumbled off the piece of furniture.

"WHAAA--" THUMP!

I threw my head back laughing like a little kid.

"Ow!" Riley sighed as she pushed herself off th floor. "Why did you do that?"

"No reason." I snickered.

Riley rolled her eyes playfully and sat beside me on the bed. 

"So what do you want to do today?" I asked.

"Hmm I don't know. Lucas told me he and Zay were going to a basketball game so they'll be away all day." 

"And Farkle?" I inquired.

"He and Smakle are on a date." Riley informed me. 

"So it's just us." I said with a smile.

"Yaaay!" Riley cheered.

I spent a moment basking in her happiness before suggesting we go down to Topangas and get some breakfast. 

We started to change from our pajamas into our day clothes. It wasn't anything new that we changed in front of each other. We'd done it ever since we were little kids. the only thing that changed was the amount of times I had to pull my eyes away from her and focus on getting myself dressed. This time I didn't even realize I was starring until my friend turned around to face me, completely clothed. 

"What is it?" She asked with a small laugh.

I shook my head to clear it. "Uh nothing!" I covered. "I was just thinking." 

"Alright.." She said not totally buying my excuse.

"Sorry." I smiled as I continued getting dressed.

A/n Hey guys sorry for the short chapters. My idea for this is a series of one shots that tie together as a story.  Thank you for reading!