.14. {Maya POV}

A/N So there are a lot of pics for this chapter lol

                                                               (A/N The one with Cory tears me up!)

"Riley?" I whispered climbing into the bay window.Upon entering I noticed she wasn't there The lights were off, the door was closed, and her bed was made and empty. 

"Riley?" I asked in vain as I stood in the room. The resolve I'd had to tell her my secret was fading with every lonely lonely second. 

I took a melancholy seat on Riley's pristine bed. As I sat looking around the room I realized something. It was beautiful. I'd never been alone in it before so I'd never noticed. Riley had always stolen my attention.

"Maya what are you doing here?" Topanga's voice startled me. 

"Oh." I faked a smile. "I'm waiting for Riley."

"Waiting for her?" Wasn't she with you?" Cory asked, coming up behind his wife in the doorway.

"We were, but something happened and Lucas had to take her away from the cafe. I thought they would come back here." I explained. 

"She's alone with a boy?!" Cory yelled. And turned to run out the door to find her like the good, protective father he was. 

"Come back here!" Topanga demanded. 

Slowly Cory backed up. "Why not?" He whined. 

Topanga gave him a slightly annoyed look and pointed to me. "I think we have a bigger problem that needs our attention."

A caring look washed over both of Riley's parents as the walked in and took seats on opposite sides of the bay window. Cory patted the seat between them beckoning me. I took him up on his offer.

"What's wrong Maya?" Topanga asked putting a hand on my shoulder and her arm around me. 

"Nothing, I just need to talk to Riley." I said too embarrassed to look at them.

"Maya we know you. We know this look. Something is wrong. Something you're not telling us." Cory pushed. 

I looked from Cory to Topanga. I could tell them. The were safe. Why was I holding it in? 

"My uh, my dad showed up at the cafe today." I spilled. 

"Really?" Topanga asked. 

I nodded. 

"Yeah and he made Riley REALLY upset and Lucas had to take her away." I continued. 

"And what did he say to you?" Cory asked.

I laughed nervously. "Well you see. He kind of figured something out about me. Something that has to do with the inside. With my emotions." Topanga looked over me at Cory who gave her a knowing smile. "Mr. and Mrs. Matthews, I don't know how else to say this but I am in love with Riley." I rattled off the last part scared they would scold me or tell me to get out of their house. But all they did was smile. 

"What, what's so funny?" I asked.

"Together? On three?" Topanga asked Cory. 

"Of course." He said with a grin.

"One. Two. Three!" Topanga and Cory said together. 

"WE KNOW!!!" Cory yelled with excitement. A goofy grin plastered on his face. It fell once he realized Topanga had One Two Three tricked him again. "You said you wouldn't do that anymore!" He fussed. 

"We've been watching you two, Maya. We know love when we see it." Topanga comforted me, ignoring her husband. 

"And you're not mad at me?" I asked feeling small for the millionth time that day. 

"Of course not!" Topanga laughed. 

"Maya why would we be mad for you following your heart?" Cory said seriously. 

"I don't know. I guess I'm just paranoid. My father left me for good this time because of it." I confessed. 

"I'm sorry." Topanga brought me close to her and hugged me tight. 

"Nothing you could say or do would make us stop loving you." Cory said with a reassuring smile. 

I smiled at what he said because that was exactly what Riley always said to me. 

A/N So Riarkle and Lucaya were brutally murdered by the Writers yesterday! XD