.4. {Riley POV}

[I'm going to change the chapter title layout.]

"Hello beauties." A familiar voice said playfully from behind us. 

"Hi Shawn!" Maya's face lit up as her step father hugged her from behind and kissed her soft blonde curls. 

"Hey." I smiled less at the fact that my father's best friend was here and more at the joy he brought to my friend's face. 

"Cory spawn!" Shawn laughed. As my father, Cory's best friend, Shawn liked to tell me that I was Cory with Topanga, my mother's hair. Which was true and there was no denying it. "How's the family?" 

" Same as yesterday." I informed. After high school Shawn left town to pursue adventures, but he visited at least once a year to see my dad again. About a year ago when he visited my parents and I set him up with Maya's single mother. He married her about two months ago and settled down with her in New York. Since he now lives five minutes from our apartment he was over almost every day. 

   "Good." Shawn smiled. 

"If you're looking for mom, I think she's in the back." Maya directed him. 

"Thanks," He said taking his arms from around her. "I'll see you guys later." He disappeared into the kitchen, leaving us alone. 

My smile widened as I stared at my friend. 

"What?" She asked with a laugh that told me my face amused her. 

"I love how happy he makes you." I gushed. 

Maya chuckled. "You're a goofball!" I could be wrong, but I thought I saw her blush as she dropped her head with a smirk. 

"When am I not a goofball?" I asked jokingly.

This made Maya smile more. "Never!" She linked arms with me and jumped down from her stool. Pulling me with her. "And that's what's so beautiful about you."

It was my turn to hang my head in embarrassment, and to hide the redness rushing to my cheeks. Thankfully she didn't notice and the two of walked out of Topanga's confidently.