.12. {Maya POV}

"You aren't her friend

"You aren't her friend. Your a fag-" My dad started to say but I was tired of him tearing Riley down. I pushed past her.

"You are talking to my friend and you will choose your words carefully because if you don't you WILL regret it!" I threatened him. Again I expected him to yell at me to stop defending her, but he creased his brow. "Wait, you too...No. No you two aren't friends." He laughed maliciously.

Riley pushed me back and was again right up in my father's face.

"How dare you! You don't know me. You don't know her. You left years ago without even bothering to ever check in and see if Maya was okay. Who did Maya come to when you left? Me! She came to me! Who's shoulder has she cried on every Christmas, birthday, new year and anniversary of that day because you weren't there? Mine! Why? Because she is MY best friend! And I am hers! Where do you get off coming in here and criticizing how we show each other we love one another? You don't! So just shut up! Just shut up and leave!-" Riley was spitting fire and nowhere close to finishing her rant. I had never seen her so angry. She looked like she was about to tear my father's head off if he said another word. Lucas saw it too. He picked he up from behind and quickly carried her out of the cafe. She rebelled and fought him. Kicking and screaming. We could hear her screams for a while, and when we couldn't hear her anymore I finally looked at my dad.

"Why did you come?" I asked.

"Because I wanted to see my daughter. But I wouldn't have come if I'd known her girlfriend was going to disrespect me like that." My dad scoffed.

He walked past me towards the bar, behind which my mother was standing with her jaw dropped.

"She's not my girlfriend." I said not following him.

"Right! Well you could have fooled me." My dad said indignantly.

"Mark, what are you talking about?" M mom asked fed up with him.

"I'm talking about our daughter holding hands and making out with girls, Katy!" My dad yelled.

"I don't make out with girls." I defended myself weakly.

"Sure you don't." He said sarcastically.

"And so what if she did?" My mom said angrily.

"I will not have a fag for a daughter." My dad pointed to me harshly.

The room was quiet for what felt like an eternity. I couldn't take it anymore though. I broke the silence.

"Then leave. Leave and never come back. Because if you can't accept me for who I am then I don't need you in my life! Especially with how you treated Riley! Now get out!" I yelled with tears streaming down my face.

My father didn't respond. He just stared at me as he stood up and left. And it was over. When I knew he couldn't see me I fell to the floor and began to sob. I didn't hold anything in. I cried a loud obnoxious cry. Somebody pulled me too them. My mother. I clutched to her and cried.

"I'm sorry mom..." I sobbed.

"Why honey?" She asked clearly pained.

"For not telling you. Mom, I'm gay." It was the first time i'd ever said it out loud and it felt like an enormous weight was lifted from my shoulders.

"I know baby. It's okay." My mom smiled and kissed the top of my head. "I love you."

"I love you too." 

A/N HAPPY TWO YEARS!!!!!! For this special day you guys get three chapters! Also if you have a Twitter please share this book and tag me. My Twitter handle is TheEdge1234