.3. {Riley's POV}

"What can I get you two?" Katy, Maya's mother asked as we took a seat at the counter.

"I would like a fresh, gluten free croissant." I said in an elegant French accent.

"Yes, and I'll take a baguette and a glass of choice wine." Maya joined in my charade.

Katy smiled down at us and laughed.

"Well, we seem to be out of fresh croissants and baguettes. How does two orders of waffles and orange juice sound?"

"Devine!" I smiled. 

"And you Madam Hart?" Katy asked.

Maya scrunched up her face in disappointment. "I guess..."

Maya's mother laughed at our shenanigans before kissing maya on the head and getting back to work. 

"Your mom is fun." I gushed.

Maya nodded. Making her beautiful blonde curls bounce. "Yeah, she is." Maya said proudly.

A few moments later Maya's mom came back with our orange juice. We both thanked her and began sipping our citrus juices.

"This is nice." I reflected on the perfection of the situation. I was sitting in my parents resteraunt drinking juice with my...best friend maya. Simple I know. But simple is best.

"It is." Maya nodded. "You know what makes this even better?"

"What?"

"Last night was the first time you've ever staid all night at my house." She said with a smile.

My face lit up with pride. "It is isn't it!?"I gushed.

Maya nodded while laughing at my childish happiness.

"Two orders of waffles." Katy set the plates directly in front of us and handed us the syrup from behind the counter. 

"Thanks mom." 

"Yes. Thank you Mrs. Hart."

Maya and I immediatly dug into our breakfast. Neither of us said a word until every last bit of the waffles were gone. We were starving!