.20. {Riley POV}

"Do you realize how much time and energy we wasted with that stupid triangle?" I laughed as I waited for Maya to finish getting dressed. 

"I know." She answered muffled by the tee shirt she was slipping over her head. 

"I'd wish I'd known you liked me earlier. I would have come out to you if you hadn't started to like Lucas." 

"I wish I had trusted you more. Then I wouldn't have pretended to like him. I would have just come out to you. But I was afraid you would reject me and leave and I couldn't bear that." Maya explained coming out of the bathroom and sitting on her bed next to me. 

"I love you." I smiled linking our arms. 

"I love you too." Maya blushed. 

I giggled and kissed her cheek before laying down on my back, looking up at her. The light hanging from her ceiling framed her face and illuminated her blonde waves. Her eyes shone with hope. Something I'd seen in her more, but which was still rare. Smiling down on me with love, she reminded me of a goddess or angel sent from heaven. She glowed. 

I reached my hand up and caressed her pale cheek. 

"Peaches, you're glowing!" I said childishly which caused her to giggle. Her eyes crinkled and her lips parted in a wide smile that made me fall harder in love with her. 

Maya crawled up beside me in her bed and we laid there for a long time, just staring at each other and smiling. Letting the reality of the past 24 hours sink in. 

When we started yawning and our eyes drooped Maya got up and turned off the lights. I reached out my hand as she returned. She took it and intertwined our fingers while she pulled the covers over us. 

"Peaches?" I asked with a little tremble in my voice.  

"Come here." Maya sighed lovingly opening her arms, inviting me to curl up to her. She knew I was still a bit frightened of her neighborhood, but I was getting better. It helped a lot when she held me. I felt safe and secure. I knew nothing and nobody would get me as long as Maya was there to protect me. She'd give her life for me. With that thought gracing my mind I fell asleep to the sound of our two young hearts beating in sync. 

I'm sorry for taking forever to update guys. I've been kind of writers blocked.