.10. {Maya POV}

An arcade was probably not the best place for us to go. Lucas, Riley, and I have gone to the arcade by ourselves many times but never with Farkle. Riley, Lucas, Zay, and I dove into the games and began to just have fun playing. We did our best to win but alas Lucas was born a loser. Riley, of course, excelled! She beat the crap out of those games while Zay and I had mediocre scores. Wether we won or lost we laughed and gave it our all. 

The genius' on the other hand turned into lunatics! They teamed up together trying to find scientific solutions to each and every game. After they beat a game they made loud cheers and would dance around us, taunting us with the tickets they'd won. The four of us would laugh them off but after a few hours it became increasingly annoying. 

"Alright, alright! We got it!" I snapped as Farkle held a fist full of newly won tickets in my face. 

"Yeah, guys this isn't fun anymore." Lucas spoke up. He was extra sore because of his losing streak. 

Farkle calmed himself and looked down in embarrassment.

"I'm sorry guys. Lets go to Topanga's. I pay for everyone's lunch." Farkle offered in apology. 

"I'm good with that!" Zay said putting a hand on Farkle's shoulder to show he was in. 

"Same here." I sighed. 

I watched in envy as Lucas put his arm around Riley's shoulder and said, "We're in too." 

What got me more was that she didn't object. She was in love with him. I was kidding myself if I'd ever thought otherwise. 

Our group walked the two blocks to Topanga's and Farkle, as promised, paid for all of our lunches. It pays to have a smart, rich kid friend. 

Zay was the first of us to leave. He was visiting Texas for the summer and had to go home to pack. Smakle soon became bored with chatting with our group. Farkle left soon after she did. Then it was just me, Lucas, and Riley left. Lucas was laying down on the bench Riley and I usually sat on and Riley and I sat together on the chair. 

Riley sighed and laid her head on my shoulder. 

"Today still going perfectly?" She asked.

Oh Riley, always concerned with my happiness. It was one of the things I found most attractive about her. 

I closed my eyes and laid my head on hers. 

"As long as you're in them, my days are always perfect." I smiled. 

Riley didn't say anything. She only tightened her grip on my hand. We sat there with our eyes closed for a few solid, quiet minutes. But then it came. A sound that penetrated my tranquil, perfect thoughts. It turned them into thoughts of bitterness and fear. 

When the person spoke I knew immediately who it was. And for that reason I kept my eyes closed. I knew that when I opened them my perfect day would end. 

"Maya?" The person spoke. 

Riley shot up ans let go of me. Her next words confirmed my fears. 

"Mr. Hart what are you doing here?" She said with a venom I knew only I detected.