Chapter 6

River's POV

"Let's get out now, ok? Go get dressed in something warm." The Doctor calls.

I climb out the pool and grab a TARDIS blue towel. The Doctor climbs up on the diving board. "GERONIMO!" he yells, doing a cannonball. "I thought you said to get out?" I state. "Yeah,well, I deserved one more jump." "You won't ever grow up, will you?" "Probably not."

I walk towards our room, and the Doctor follows. Once I'm changed, I walk to the control room and wait for him. He comes in, tying his bow tie.

"Alright, off we go." He then runs around the center, pushing buttons and pulling levers. Once again, he leaves the brakes on, and the TARDIS makes the noise.

He rushes to the door. "Come along, Pond!" I follow him out to see the Aurora Borealis in the sky.

"How's this?" he asks, a sparkle glinting in his eyes. "Oh, shut up." I grab him by the collar and pull his face to mine. I apply plenty of pressure. He's begging for me to open my mouth. But I don't. Satisfied, I lean away.

He glares at me. I smile, and turn to enjoy the view. "River," the Doctor starts. "What is it, sweetie?"

He hesitates, then turns to me. "Do you want children?" I ponder the question. "Maybe." I say. I look at him a moment. "Do you want children, Doctor?" He shrugs. "I think it'd be great. But there is the problem of me traveling. I could never give that up. I really don't know, Melody Pond."

I lean into him. His body, his warmth, comforts me. It's natural to feel his chest behind my back. He puts his arms around me. "I love you." I say, looking up at him. He smiles and puts his lips on mine. "You don't get away that easily. You do or you don't." He looks at me. "I most definitely love you, River Song."

Then it's my turn to crash my lips on his. We gently move in sync, his hand holding my cheek. I get impatient quickly, and get his mouth open. Then it's a fight, my tongue over his. I win, of course. He pulls away, and gives me a quick kiss to the shoulder. I groan. He knits his eyebrows in confusion.

"Doctor, when I'm kissing you, don't pull away. I pull away. I like it better that way." He grins. "So, basically, you have control over me because you pull away. What if I like having control?" he teases. I roll my eyes and once again kiss him. I pull away this time, though.

"You little Dalek!" I smile. "You sure don't kiss me like I'm a Dalek, sweetie." He blushes and looks away. "Yeah. Ok. Um, I'm going to go get something. I'll be right back."

I nod and wait for him. He comes out of the TARDIS a moment later with a picnic basket. "Fish fingers and custard!" he says excitedly.

He sits beside me and opens it up. I watch him pull out the small bowl of custard and plate of fish fingers. "Here you are River! Best meal on the planet right in front of you!" he says.

Oh yes, yes he is. I look at him a moment, but get some fish fingers when he realizes and blushes. I dip one into the custard and take a bite. Not too bad.

"So, what do you think, Pond? How's this for a date?" "Well, it's beautiful. It is a little cool, though." He smiles and adjusts his bow tie. "The cool's coming from the bow tie." He says. "Hardly." He frowns.

"Bow ties are and will always be cool." "I bet I can get you to take it off." "And how's that?" I pull him into a deep kiss, and pull away after a minute. "Take it off, sweetie." "No." "Fine then. I refuse to kiss you until it's off."

Doctor's POV

I sigh. I like her kissing me. A lot. It's quite nice. "Fine," I say, pulling it off. "But only for now! I'm putting it back on, though." I then hold her face in my hands and kiss her thoroughly. "Mmmh. Fish fingers and custard." I say, pulling away for a moment.

"Shut up." she says, and I immediately obey. She pushes her lips against mine, gently pushing her tongue into my mouth. I'm not sure what to do with my hands, so I just move them around in the air wildly. I finally settle on her back.

How is she so good at this? She must have had a lot of practice with the future me. Hopefully no one else. I realize she has to use the hallucinogenic lipstick, but what if it's not limited to the outside? I know she's attractive, so-

"Doctor?" River says, pulling away. "Yes?" "you're doing it again." "doing what?" "Thinking." she whispers, grabbing my collar and yet again moves her lips onto mine.

This time, she keeps her lips shut. What? But I like them better open. Should I? Well, why not? I gently move my tongue against her lips. She refuses. I use my own lips to try to pry hers open. Not working. I gently bite her bottom lip, hoping it doesn't hurt her.

They finally part. That's better. I slide my tongue in and I feel her lips turn up in a smile. Then she starts fighting with my tongue. I'm fighting back. She becomes rough, but I like it. She must know that.

I pull away slowly before something happens that I'll regret. We are in the open, after all. Even if are in one of the most isolated continents. I stand up. "We should probably go back in the TARDIS." I say casually. She nods. We pick up the plates and bowls and bring them in.

How will I deal with her leaving? I know she has her own life. I want her to stay with me. I want it terribly. Have to live in the present, though, I suppose. I bring in the last of the custard.

I look around. River must be in our room. "Hey Sexy!" I yell. River walks in. "Oh, so that's what you're calling me now?" I blush. "I was talking to the TARDIS. Not that you aren't sexy, of course." she smiles. "Ok, talk to the TARDIS. I'll be in our room." I nod.

"Voice Interface on." I say. A holograph of myself comes up. "Listen, I need you to dim all the lights when I signal." My hologram nods. "Someone wants to be a romantic?" The TARDIS teases.

"Oh hush." I say, but still blush. "I'm taking it you don't want me to watch you two tonight? I may be a ship, but that doesn't mean I don't understand you." "Voice Interface off." I say, turning. The hologram nods, then shuts off. That's better. The TARDIS can be so immature sometimes.

I hop down the steps, and head to see my wife.

River's POV

I go to the bed when I hear the Doctor's footsteps. It's funny how he argues with the TARDIS. After all, she is sort of like a mum to me. Not really, but sort of. Their conversation was interesting. I mean, really? She is surprisingly immature for her age.

The door swings open. "Hello sweetie." He smiles and comes and sits beside me. "Hello." After a moment of silence, he looks away and starts whistling. Come on.

He turns to me. "So..." "So what?" I ask. "Nothing." "Liar." He hesitates, but then kisses me. "I'll never get tired of doing that." he whispers. "Then why'd you stop?" I say with a smile.

"Don't know. You're the one that usually continues it." he says, leaning closer. "I don't mind if you continue it, though." I say, my forehead against his. With that, his lips are on mine. He deepens it quickly.

We've been kissing a few minutes when he snaps his fingers. This must be the signal. When nothing happens, he pulls away. "Not funny!" he yells. The lights dim. "Ok." He says. I smile at him. He's so nervous.

I go to his lips again. After a moment, I roughen it up a bit. After doing this so many times with his older self, I know exactly what he likes. A noise comes from his throat. He definitely likes it.

His hands finally settle on the bottom of my shirt. He tugs it up gently. I pull away. "Who says I want to?" I ask teasingly. His face falls. "Well, we don't have to..." he looks away. "Doctor, I was kidding. Definitely kidding."

In the next 10 seconds, our clothes are on the floor. "You are so sexy, River." he whispers. The lights come on. "You are too!" he yells. They dim again, and I chuckle. "I'm not sure to be worried or not." I say with a smile.

"You are both undeniably sexy... just in different ways." I nod, and then kiss him. He kisses me back without hesitation, as usual. I feel him smirk into the kiss. Got both my sexys.

[A/N. Sorry if I'm not good with the British terms! I don't live in Britain, but I wish I had the accent. This is probably like a teen rating. Definitely not going to have too much. At all.]