Chapter 14

[hello everyone! This chapter is after the date with River. In case you were wondering why it seems out of sync. I wanted to write about how his companions would react to him being married.]

Martha's POV

I look over at the phone. To dial or not to dial. I'll say one thing- I miss him. I'm not sure what will happen if I call. I'm scared to find out.

Mickey has been very good to me. We even have a daughter now. But there's always something in me that wishes for that with the Doctor. It's easier to deal with it when I don't see him, but sometimes I feel like I need to see him. Maybe one day I'll get over that.

I sure hope so. He is an amazing man that I love in more ways than one. Mickey is my husband, so of course I love him. I still feel guilty about the little part in me that wishes for that alien though. Which is stupid; he's an alien.

I press send.

Doctor's POV

RING RING RING. RING RING RING.

I don't pull away from her lips. Who knows? This could be the last time I see her for a while. Alright, probably not, but I'll have to take her back to the university soon. So I continue, kissing her roughly, pushing her against the console.

"Sweetie." She breathes out as I begin to softly kiss her jaw line. "What is it?" I ask, stroking her arm gently. "Aren't you going to answer the phone?" She asks, amused.

"No." I say, and then I'm kissing her again. RING RING RING. RING RING RING. RING RING-

"Hello?" River says, flipping the phone open. "River. Hang up. We can call back when we aren't busy." I tell her, planting kisses up her neck.

"Yes, he's here. No. He's a little.... pre-occupied. Mmmhmm. I'll tell him. What's the date? Alright. What would the time be? Oh...." She lets out as I nip at her neck. "No, it's just.... He might be busy for a little while. Well then. I'll certainly tell him, but he can't stop this quickly. He has a... task he's working on. Yes. Ok. Thank you. One moment. " She talks into the phone. After she talked a little while, she looks down at me. I'm currently hugging her/snuggling her chest.

"It's Martha Jones. Says she wants to see you again. Talk to her." She says, holding out the phone. "No. Tell her I'll call back."

"I know you can't really stop for long, but just tell her hello! My goodness!" She tells me. "River!" I whine, gently rubbing the side of her neck.

"You are now on speaker." She says, shooting me a look. "Doctor?" I hear a voice call from the phone. "Yes. It's me. New voice." I say. "Would you mind coming and visiting? I know you're busy now, but can you come afterwards? there's someone I want you to meet." She says.

I soften up a little. It has been a while since I saw her. "Yes, of course. You told River the date?" I ask her. "Yes, I did."

I feel warmer. Uh-oh. "Listen, Martha, I really have to go now. But I'll come as soon as possible. I'll even bring Amy and Rory!"

"Ok?" She says suspiciously. "Doctor, what are you doing?"

"Something really important." I pause to look over at River, who feels the need to smirk at me. Yes, it's really warm in here. "I've got to go. Bye!" I say, and hang up. I turn to River.

"Now. You. Come here."

Martha's POV

The Doctor finally comes around lunch time. I hear the TARDIS noise, and I run out. The blue box fades in.

I run up to it and knock on the door. "Doctor!" I call. It swings inward, and a man in a bow tie and a tweed jacket walks out. "Martha! It's good to see you!" The man says, giving me a hug.