Chapter 20

River's POV

"Oh no. Not here." The Doctor says, face looking terrified. I push him out of the way and look for myself. "It's just Mum and Dad! I mean, dad may attempt to castrate you, but they're still my parents." I say, amused at how scared he looks.

"I told him I wasn't going to get you pregnant!" He responds, giving me his dear-God-please-no look. I roll my eyes at him. "It was my fault. Well, sort of my fault. Those people said that it would work, and I believed them. And apparently it didn't. Not that I'll stick up for you with Dad." I say, giving him a wicked grin.

He shakes his head and runs to the console. "Absolutely not. We are leaving, right now." Yeah, right. The TARDIS brought us here on purpose, and until we've done what she wants, we aren't leaving.

The Doctor groans when the TARDIS doesn't move. "Please!" I laugh and pull him out the door. "You are going to have to eventually talk to them, you know."

He shakes his head, and doesn't move toward the house. "Not now, I don't." I shove him in the direction of the door.

"Yes, you do."

He sighs and hangs his head down in defeat. "Fine. But you can't let your dad kill me."

Amy's POV

"Rory! They came for Christmas! Pour them a glass as well!" I tell at my husband when I hear the TARDIS brakes. "Alright!"

I get the turkey out of the oven. "At least you can cook. I don't know what I'd do without you, Mr.Pond." He gets down a couple more glasses from the cabinet. "Probably be eating take out."

The front door finally bursts open. "River! No, please let's just... Oh. Hello." The Doctor finishes when he sees us.

I give him a suspicious look. "What's wrong?" He glances over at River nervously. "Nothing. But before we do anything else, why don't we all go and visit a public place. Maybe a park. Where people can witness each other."

She rolls her eyes and punches his shoulder. "No, you tell them now." Rory walks up beside me. 'Tell us what?"

The Doctor gulps. "River is sort of, erm, well, she's...." He says, rubbing his hands together. "She's what?" I demand.

"pgnst." he mumbles quickly. River hits him again. "Pregnant! She's pregnant!" he says as fast as possible.

I just stare. A baby. A real baby. I'm going to be a grandmother at 29. Wow. This is sudden. I look over at Rory. His eyes are closed, and his fists are clenched. He's calming himself down. I can tell.

River steps forward. "Well, Merry Christmas!" I look down at her belly. "How long?"

She smiles. "Almost two weeks. There's even a little bump, because Time Lord pregnancies only take about 3 months." I think it over. "Can you carry his child? It is his, right?"

She laughs. "Of course it's his!" I frown. Avoiding the question by answering a different one. "River. Will it be ok?" I ask her carefully. She swallows forcefully. I know this sign. She did it as Mels. It's when she's scared, and won't admit to it.

She looks away. "Dad, anything?" I sigh. Still won't answer me. Rory opens his eyes to look at her. "I.... I don't know."

The Doctor remains sort of hiding behind River. Rory shakes his head. "River, I'm very happy for you. This is nice. It's great, really. So don't take this the wrong way." He leans over and gets the turkey knife off the counter.

The Doctor immediately runs. I sigh and start to process it. I'm getting a granddaughter from my daughter, who's older than me and married to an alien. Ok.