Chapter 21

River's POV

The Doctor pushed the small of my back in the direction of the TARDIS. "Merry Christmas!" Amy says, pulling my husband into a hug. "Are you sure you two don't want to stay the night? We've got plenty of room."

I shake my head. "No thanks, mum. We're staying in the TARDIS tonight." The Doctor nodded. "I'll come by soon, maybe we can go have some adventures."

Rory nodded, and then pulled me into a hug. "Be a good girl." He whispered, then pulled away. I smiled at him. He was trying so hard to be a good dad, even after I had gotten kidnapped and everything. "No promises." I say, winking.

He rolls his eyes. "You're so your mother's daughter." Amy laughs and gives me a giant bear hug as well. "See you two later. Keep me updated about little Doctor Jr."

"Yes, we will. River, TARDIS." The Doctor says, pushing me closer to the TARDIS. I sigh and walk to it. He can be so impatient.

Once I walk in, I immediately send us into flight. My husband sits down on the chair by the console. "Are we opening presents tonight or tomorrow morning?" He asks excitedly.

I laugh gently. "Tomorrow morning, my love." He puts on a pout. "Fine." He stands up and walks to the corridors. "Stay in here. I'll be right back."

I only wait about ten minutes before he shows back up. He extends a hand to me. "Come along, Pond."

I grab it and let myself be pulled to our room. I look around. "Ok..." He rolls his eyes. "Not in here." He tugs me toward our bathroom.

"Oh..." He's made me a bath, complete with bubbles and vanilla scented candles around it. Some of my favorite music is playing softly. My plush robe is hanging beside the tub, near a couple golden fluffy towels and the sexy nightie I opened tonight from him. It's warm and cozy in here, and it's exactly what I need.

I look over at him. He's just smiling like an idiot. I peck him on the cheek. "Thanks."

He grins. "I'll let you take your bath in peace. Here, let me help you out of this." He pulls my jacket off gently, then unbuttons my shirt while I get out of the rest of my clothes. He looks me over once my clothing's on the floor. "Yowzah." I roll my eyes and smack his arm.

"Ow!" he rubs the spot I hit. "Fine, fine. I'll leave." The Doctor walks out and shuts the door behind him. I go get into the tub, sinking slowly into the warm, fragranced water. I let out a happy sigh. It's been too long since I had a nice, long soak.

I sit there, listening to the music play and just thinking. Before I know it, I'm nodding off. It's not like the water will get cold. The TARDIS, no doubt, has the heater turned on and is keeping it nice and warm. So I just give in to a little nap. Who knows how long I'll be in here.

The next thing I know, I vaguely recognize my husband lifting me out of the water. He may look scrawny, but Time Lords are incredibly strong. I've probably been in the tub a couple of hours. I know I must be dripping water all over him, but before I can protest he's laying me on the bed and drying me off with one of the fluffy towels. "Honey, I can get dressed myself." I say, sitting up.

He ignores me and wipes off each of my legs. "Well, you're not putting my nightie on. I can manage that." I tell him, letting him continue to dry me off.

He lets me go after a moment, and I change into the clothes. He's already in bed at this point, just watching me. I slide under the cover and lean my head back onto the pillow. "Thanks."

He kisses the side of my shoulder. "You're welcome." We lay there in silence a moment, but then I decide just to snuggle up to the Doctor. He wraps his arms around me, pushing my forehead into his chest. He's very warm. "Merry Christmas." I hear him whisper, before I'm out like a light.

-The next morning (relative)-

"River!" The Doctor gently shakes me. "River!" He repeats. I groan into the pillow. "Leave me alone. I'm sleeping."

"Santa came! Come on already!" He says excitedly, shaking me again. Ugh. Damn him.

I sigh. "What happened to all the sweetness of letting me be last night?"

"It's Christmas, and Santa came. You can't sleep in on Christmas!"

I roll my eyes. Not that he can see that, since I'm staring into the pillowy. "And why not?" He pats my rear through the cover. "Because it's Christmas." He repeats.

I roll over to look at him, and laugh at the sight. He has on his Rudolph pajamas (Rudolph's his favorite reindeer. I preferred Dancer. Rudolph was snotty.) and a gift bow in his hair. The thing that makes it so funny is that he's bouncing on the balls of his feet, and his eyes look as excited as a five year old's would on Christmas morning. Not a 1000+ year old man.

He frowns. "What's so funny? Stop!" I sit up, still chuckling. "You. Good grief, are you on a sugar rush?"

He looks away. "Only a little one. You know sugar affects me that way!" he admits. I smile and swing my legs out from under the covers. "Come on, kiddo."

He snorts. "Hardly."

We walk to our favorite lounge in the TARDIS, where there's a Christmas tree and the bag of presents that he accidentally gave me last night, plus a large amount of other gifts. "Did you let Santa in last night?" I ask, curious. He couldn't of just walked in.

He nods. "Yep. Jeff knocked in the middle of the night. Knew it was me." Ah. That made sense. He leans in to whisper in my ear. "However, River, I don't think Santa got you much this year. You have been a bad, bad girl."

I laugh and kiss him on the cheek. "Maybe so. But Jeff and I are on good terms." He nips my earlobe at that, gently running his tongue over the place his teeth were. My breath catches. "Stop." I tell him, annoyed. He's riling me up for fun.

He chuckles. "Ok. Presents?" I nod. "Presents."

We then unwrap all the presents, starting with the ones from Santa and then doing the ones from each other. I get other sexy nighties and some lingerie, and the Helm of Ionipson, among other things. I got the Doctor some of the interesting things I found on my expeditions, and a few bowties. Another big thing I got him was a diamond watch, with the outside pure diamond.

After we're done with everything, we sit back into each other. "You know, honey, we haven't done an ultrasound." The Doctor says, playing with my hair. I tilt my head back to look at him. "Ok."

He blinks quickly. "Oh. Now. Can we not move for a second? I really like this position." He tells me, wrapping his arms tighter around me. I sigh and lean back farther into his warm chest. This is one of the best Christmas present there is.

[A/N So, an update! what did y'all think? this was really just pointless fluff that I felt like writing. Vote, comment, other stuff! Also-Time of the Doctor-can I just say-AHHHHH]