Chapter 10

Doctor's POV

Amy yawns as she follows me back into the TARDIS. "That was interesting. Who would've thought that they would be using the to-go cups as cameras?" She says, amused. "Well, I'll certainly give them a point for originality. Hopefully they'll stay away from your planet now. I don't want to chase them away again." I tell her.

River smiles at me. "We all know that you like the attention, sweetie. No use denying it."

"What if I decide to deny it?" I ask. "I'll make you stop." She says flirtatiously. "I deny it." I tell her.

She leans in and kisses me lightly. "My bespoke psychopath." I say with a smile. "I'm always yours." She replies. "Good. Wouldn't want it any other way." I tell her.

The Tesaponidians were simple to defeat. All we had to do was cut their power source, and they all were forced to teleport back to their ship. Not at all difficult. Other than the little run-in we had with the emperor, everyone was fine. The emperor now has a bullet scar in his arm- well, alien arm.

Thanks to River, of course. I have to admit, she is pretty commanding when she shoots hostile aliens. It's slightly attractive. Well, very attractive.

I glance over at the bag that contains the dress she bought. It is absolutely stunning, but I'm sure it'll look even better with her in it tonight. Actually, it is night. All the running made time go quickly.

Amy's POV

I watch the Doctor walk over to the center of the control and flick a few levers and push a few buttons. "I'm taking you two home. My wife and I need to go to our date tonight." he says, gazing at River.

She gives him a gentle smile and walks out the room.

The Doctor pulls the last lever.

Doctor's POV

I wave goodbye to them. "See you later, Ponds! A couple if weeks, maybe?" I shout out the door.

River walks in with her dress on. My breath is caught in my throat a moment. "River....Wow." I say. She smiles. "Stop ogling me and let's go already."

"Aright, I'm going, I'm going." I run around the console, telling the TARDIS where we're going.

She runs to the doors and flings them open. "Sheloskan! Finally! Been wanting to come here for a while. So, what's the plan? What are we doing tonight?" She asks me.

"Picnic!" I say excitedly. Picnics are cool. "A picnic under the stars with the last time lord. A girl couldn't ask for more. What did you pack in the basket, anyway?" she says.

"Several different dishes. I also got-" I pause, pulling it out- "champagne!"
She raises her eyebrows. "Since when do you like champagne?"

"I don't know. Maybe I like it now. Maybe it's cool. First time for everything." I tell her. She rolls her eyes. "Pop it open, then."

I get a cork screw thingy out of my pocket and get the thing out. "Here we are!" I sit down on the blanket, pulling her hand down with me. She sits. "Aren't you going to try it?"

"Yes, of course." I reply, and then take a swig of it. And immediately spit it out. "That is a cruelty to this bottle!" I say, sticking my tongue out.

She laughs and takes a swig of her own. "Tastes perfectly normal to me, sweetie."

"The definition of normal these days is absolutely crazy."

She nods. "Yes, it is." We stay silent for a moment, gazing at the stars. I break the silence. "So, where do you want to go tomorrow?" I ask her.

"About that.... I need to go to the University. I need to get back in practice. But-" She pauses, seeing the look on my face, "you have to promise me on both your hearts to come pick me up every single day."

"Do you really need to? I've got a time machine, they won't miss you." I tell her.

River's POV

I hate making him unhappy. But I need to go and do my job. If I wait too long, I won't remember how to do it. Besides, if I can see him everyday, I'll be fine.

"I just need to. Trust me. You can go right to the end of the day, if you like. No need for you to wait."

"Alright. I'll drop you off in the morning, and then later that day, I'll pick you up." He says.

"Come anytime you like." I tell him, and then reach up to kiss him.

*********************************

I yawn and snuggle in closer to his warm body. This is the best place I could ever possibly be.

"Good morning, River." He says, eyes opening. "Good morning, my love."

"Permission to kiss you freely?" he whispers. "Granted." We kiss for a while, but then I remember what we're doing today. I pull away gently. "I have to get ready."

He nods. I stand up slowly, and he props his head up with one arm. He watches me walk to the wardrobe. "Enjoying the view?" I ask him seductively. He blushes. Like I didn't know he was watching me.

I grab a black dress and heels. I slip on some underwear, and then pull on the rest of my clothes. The Doctor finally stands and walks over to me. "Isn't that dress a bit low?"

"This is the kind of thing I normally wear." I reply. "Yes, but all those men in the room...."

I roll my eyes. "It'll be fine. It's not my first day of school." He sighs, and we walk to the control room. "What time do you need to be there?" He asks. I tell him, and he moves the TARDIS.

"We are now in your office, Professor Song." He says, eyes glinting. "I like calling you that." He adds.

"So I've noticed. I'll see you later today, alright?" He nods, and I swipe on a last bit of lipstick.
*****************************

River's POV

"Who knows why Ranicaly fell?" I ask, walking to the front of the room. Around half the students raise their hands. "Let me rephrase that. Anyone who doesn't know how Ranicaly fell is getting a low score." I say, my eyes swiping the room.

All the hands are up. "That's better. Now, Davife, why don't you explain-" I'm cut off by the noise of the TARDIS. What? Class isn't over yet. We've still got another hour.

I turn around to see the blue box. Great. He opens the doors. "Hello." He says, stepping out with a smile. "You can't be here yet. Class isn't over." I whisper.

The class starts whispering among themselves as well. "You said later. You never specified exactly when." He replies, taking a seat in my chair.

I smile. "Well, since you're here, you get to be a guest speaker!" I pull him to the front of the classroom. "Everyone, this is the Doctor. I am going to confirm that he is the last Time Lord. Ask him whatever you like from anything that has ever happened."

He gives me a glare, and I smile sweetly. "Rasif?" I call.

He stands. "Are you and Professor Song together? As a couple?" Oh, I bet he'll enjoy answering this one. I'm certainly not.

"Actually, 'Professor' Song is my wife." He says. "Anymore questions? Say, about the universe or something?"

Satak stands. "Is she a good kisser?" Oh, he better not- "The best there ever was. Amazing at it."

I walk up beside him. "Ok, are there any questions NOT about our relationship?" One raises her hand.

"Yes?" "I was just going to say that class is going to be over in a few seconds." She says, pointing at the clock. Right on cue, the bell rings, and they all file out.

I turn to the Doctor and glare at him. "Don't suppose you'll let me consider more on my kissing theory?" he says hopefully. I just glare him down. "Fine then. I'll consider it without your permission." He grabs the back of my neck and pulls me towards him.

I don't resist. How can I? I've been wanting to do this all day. I pull away when I hear a few catcalls. "Darn glass door."

I open it. "Nothing to see here, go to your next classes." I tell the boys outside.

"Who knew Professor Song is married to the Doctor? How did she manage a score like that?" I hear a girl passing in the hallway. "I don't know . She is so lucky! Married to the last Time Lord. He's pretty good-looking...." The other girl's voice trails off when she sees me standing there. "Hello Professor!" She says with a nervous smile. I give her my teacher glare. "Go on to class." I say in a monotone.

They scurry off. I turn on my heel and go back into the classroom. "Where were we?" I say, pulling close to him. I know that he doesn't like other people seeing us kissing. "We were... going into the TARDIS to continue! Yeah." He grabs my hand to pull me into the TARDIS, but instead I pull him towards me. After a small kissing session, I pull away and look to the doors.

Just as I suspected, several students were gathered, watching. "You little... cyberman!" He says, sticking his tongue out at me. "I'm pretty sure that you don't stick your tongue into a cyberman's mouth like that."

He groans. "I knew you were going to say that, see? I knew it!" I roll my eyes."Why did you come early in the first place?"

"I just wanted to come see my wife! I missed you!" He says. "You have a time machine. You could have came at the end of the day!" I tell him.  "Well, yes, but then I wouldn't get to see you look all bad-teacher in your classroom! And-" He says, pausing, "I have to make sure you arent being ogled by any of your students. You're very hard to resist when you're wearing something so-" He gestures at my dress-  "daring."

I hear a few snickers from outside the door. They can, no doubt, hear every word of our conversation. I bet he doesn't know that.

"I am, am I?" I ask him seductively. He swallows. "Yes?" I slap him. "Ow! What was that for?" He shouts. I shrug. "I'm acting all bad-teacher. That's what you wanted, right? Oh, and one more thing-" I say, pointing to the door, "those doors are not at all sound proof."

His eyes widen as he sees all the students laughing outside. He whips out his screwdriver and heads towards the door. I laugh. "Now that's bad-teacher for you. Or, we can take it somewhere else..." I say, wriggling my eyebrows. "River! Don't talk about those sort of things when there are other people....." He says,trying to get the door to sound-proof with his screwdriver. Not that it matters anymore. Most of them are gone, since they know it will affect their grade.

Ah, that's the Doctor for you. Totally and completely childish.

(A/N- Sorry that this was short! I felt like this was the right way to end the chapter. I'll update as soon as humanly possible, since I'm, unfortunately, not a time lord. But what did you people think??? Please comment. I have no clue if I'm any good at all, so I really need feedback. Thanks!)