Chapter 24

"I'd forgotten how much I enjoyed this!" I yell over the sirens wailing. "You know, I didn't know you'd actually take the bus! I thought you meant pay for a ticket or something!" Sophie yells back.

I grin and take a sharp left turn. "Store's this way, right?!" I call over to her. "Yeah! Keep going, then it's on your right!"

I take a look in the rear view. "At least they don't know where we are! I can't even see them!"

Sophie squeals as I skid the large vehicle into the store parking lot. She just sits there, most likely glad to be alive. I'm actually a great driver. I just like to go above speed limit a bit.

I pull the lever that opens the door and climb down the steps. I wait a moment, and she finally climbs out as well. "That was terrifying."

"I know!" I smirk, then head towards the store.

Doctor's POV

"Is she coming?" Craig asks me nervously.

"Eventually." I assure him. She wouldn't leave me. Especially since all the chocolate frosting is at the store.

The door bursts open, and River and Sophie run in. "Ok, we need to get you two out, now." River says hurriedly, sticking her hand in my jacket pocket and getting my sonic. "Yes, I know that. Do you know how bored I've been?"

Sophie glares at River. "She took a bus, and raced it all the way here. The police were after us!" I laugh. "You are a bad girl." She smirks. "I know. That would be why I'm keeping the handcuffs."

"Do I get a pair?" I immediately switch to flirting. "If you're a good boy." She says, unlocking the cuffs. "Oh, I don't know about that. I suppose I could try."

"Would you two stop flirting already and get me out of these things! I can't be in jail!" Craig shouts. I sigh and watch her sonic his cuffs too. "Here. Have this pair." She hands them over with a wink. I take them and shove them into my pocket. "They'll be fun to use."

"Spoilers!" She says, smiling. "Now, on a more serious note: where's my frosting?"

I point to the door, where the shopping basket is. She walks over and pops the lid off one, scooping some out with her finger and sticking it in her mouth. She makes a pleasant sound in the back of her throat that makes my own breath hitch. I can't help it. When she makes noises like that, it's all I can do not to snog her senseless then and there.

"Come on! Let's get out of here! Here I'll leave a 100 on the desk." Craig says, walking to the door. River sighs and gets all the frosting, then goes out. I follow closely behind. "Ok, there's an exit right over there. We just have to get into the parking lot and fry the security cameras."

I nod in agreement. Craig looks terrified. "I can't go to jail. We don't have the money." He whispers.

"Geronimo!"

-35 minutes later-

Craig's POV

I flip onto the couch with a groan. "Why do you always get me in trouble?" I ask looking over at the Doctor. He shrugs and puts another jammy dodger in his mouth. "So where's Stormaggedon?"

"Stormaggedon?" Sophie asks, confused. "Alfie." I inform her. "Oh my God, Alfie!" I run over to the phone and dial her mum's number. "Hey! Sophie's coming to get Alfie. Sorry. There's an old friend in town, and we forgot to get him." I tell her, then listen to her finish talking on the other line. She can be quite annoying.

"Ok. Bye." I hang up the phone. "Ok. Alfie's fine. She was just wondering why we were so late."

River takes a spoonful of chocolate frosting. "Stormaggedon's the baby, yeah?" Sophie smiles over at me. "Still is. It's only been a couple of months since we saw the Doctor last."