Chapter 11

Doctor's POV

I grab her hand and half drag her to the TARDIS. "Hey! I like it better out here!" She says slyly.

"Well, I don't. That was so... childish, River!" I shout. She rolls her eyes. "If anyone is being childish, it's you. You're the one who told my students I'm a good kisser. And the one who kissed me." She retorts.

"I didn't know the door was glass." I tell her. "You should probably look at your surroundings before you act, sweetie."

Ugh! She's so... frustrating! "I am?" she asks smugly. Said that out loud. "I am over 900 years old! I don't need you to tell me what to do, MUM." I say.

"Oh, come on. Just because you're old doesn't mean that you know what you're doing at everything. And it doesn't mean that you don't act childish. Because that is exactly what you act like." she retorts, still amused.

"Well.... grrr!" I say, and walk around to the console. She laughs. "You know, you've never been any good at staying mad at me."

"Where do you want to go?" I ask her, ignoring her last comment. "I can't go anywhere yet! I still have two classes." She tells me. "And they're probably... oops." She runs out the door.

I grab her forgotten heels and go out behind her. "River! You forgot your.... oh." I say when I see all the students sitting at their desks. "Don't mind me! Just, er, giving this lovely lady her shoes!" I say, and walk over to her.

"Back in the TARDIS. We aren't going anywhere, but I want to talk really quick." I whisper in her ear. She nods, and follows me into it.

"What is it?" "What time are all of your classes over? I'll go pick you up." I tell her.

She sighs and rolls her eyes. "Six o'clock. Tonight."

I nod. "Alright then, Professor Song. Out you go. I'll be back tonight." "Alright. See you then." She tells me, and heads out the doors.

River's POV

I head out the doors, only to hear the Doctor call me back in. I turn around and go back in.

"What is it?" I ask, slightly annoyed. He leans in and kisses me. "That's all. Ok, now you can actually go." He tells me, then practically shoves me out the door.

The TARDIS dematiaralizes, and I turn to the class. "Alright then. Today we are studying Gaklonism. Does anyone know what species lives on this planet?" I begin.

The Doctor's POV

I set the coordinates and time quickly to what she told me. With the TARDIS sound, I'm off.

I walk to the doors and open them. "River!" I say, running to her and planting a kiss on her lips. "Ah-hem." I hear someone clearing their throat behind me.

I turn around to see a Retalipian man sitting in a chair on the other side of the desk. "Who might you be?" He asks, his voice scratchy.

"I'm the Doctor." I say cautiously. "And you are....?" I say slowly. River leans over and whispers in my ear. "That would be my boss."

"Oh! I'm sorry. I'll sit over here and wait for you to finish." I tell him. "Actually, this meeting is private." He says matter-of-factly.

I nod. "Alright then. I'll just go inside this police box and wait." He gives me a look. "You mean your TARDIS?"

I shrug. "Looks like a police box." He sighs. "Alright. Go in the police box, sir."

I go back inside the TARDIS and turn on the scanner. "Professor Song, we've had reports of you and the Doctor kissing in between your classes. Is this true?" He asks her. She nods. "Yes, it is. If they were in class where they were supposed to be, they wouldn't have seen that."

"And the Doctor? Showing up in your classes like that? I just don't know." He says. My wife shrugs. "I thought they would like getting to talk to him. He's seen amazing things, and to show up for free? Pretty good for the students if you ask me." She responds.

"Oh, and honey? I know you're watching this. Come out." She adds, looking at the TARDIS. She would know I was spying on them.

I cross the console and poke my head out the doors. "Um, hello again!" I say cheerfully.

"You. Chair. Now." River says, pointing to the chair beside her. I walk to it and attempt to sit down, but it collapses under me. I fall to the floor.

I look up at her, and she holds up a bolt. "What did I say about watching my conversations?" She asks me sternly. I sigh. "Not to."

"That's right. Now sit here and behave." She tells me. "You are not my mother." I say huffily. "Then don't act like a child, sweetie." She shoots back, then looks at her boss. "Sorry about him. He can be very childish for someone over 900 years old."

The alien nods. "Anyway, I don't want reports of students seeing you kissing, or anything more." What? "What? Anything more?" I ask. "We have also had reports of you two doing something a little more intimate." He states.

"No, no, no. We have done nothing of the sort." I say, pulling myself up off the floor. "The little Daleks." I mutter under my breath. River shoots me a look.

I grab another chair from the side of the room and sit. Thankfully, this one doesn't fall apart. "I do not do anything like that in public places, and I am not enjoying discussing it with you!" I say angrily.

"Sir, I am simply telling you what I have to. I can't have students not applying here because that's what they heard. I admire you, Doctor, and I didn't believe that you would have done something like that. But no more kissing." He tells me. "Clear?"

I nod. "Good. I have a meeting to attend. I'll see you tomorrow, Professor Song." And with that, he exits the office.

I turn to my wife and smile sheepishly. She just glares back. "I am not going to slap you." "Good. I was hoping you weren't going to." I respond. She grabs my hand and drags me into the TARDIS. "I didn't finish my sentence. I wasn't going to slap you out there. "

And there's the slap. "Ow! River!" "Talking to my boss like that? Really? You're impossible!" She says angrily.

[A/N Feedback please! Thank you!]