Chapter 2

The two left the mall, with a satisfactory amount of evidence. Judy was quiet for the entire journey. She had to tell him her feelings, but it would just ruin the friendship. But at the same time, she couldn't keep it bottled up forever. "Okay, with the driving licence you found, we can track down the tiger involved." Nick said. "Judy?! Earth to Judy?!" He laughed jokingly. "Oh sorry Nick!" Judy said suddenly. She sighed. "I don't know what's gotten into me today." Nick look at her. How's the arm?" He said. Judy looked at it. "I think it's okay now. Thanks again for helping me Nick," she said, looking into his eyes, smiling sweetly. "N- no problem Judy!" He said, scratching the back of his neck shyly. Judy had never seen this side of him. He was usually confident and cool, but now he seemed to showing his sweet side. "So anyway, on the topic of this licence, you don't happen to know anyone but Flash who can help us?" Judy chuckled. "Remember Judy, we're cops. We can just use the computer at the ZPD!l" Nick said punching her shoulder playfully. Judy blushed. "Of course! How stupid of me! To the ZPD!" She said, beginning to walk faster. "Come on Nick!!" Nick laughed. She was so cute.

"Okay so this tiger lives in, Downtown Zootopia! 5th street. That's so close to the mall!" Judy said. "We've no time to lose, let's go!" Judy began to run for the door. "Wait Judy, shouldn't we grab a bite? I'm starving." Nick said, still slumped back in his chair. Judy looked at her watch. 6:15pm. "Well I guess we could grab something quick but we really need to get on with the case!" She said impatiently. "Fine, fine, we'll eat later," Nick said, heaving himself out of the chair as if it was a huge effort.

"It should be right down... here," Judy said, pointing down a dark alleyway. Her eyes widened, her nose twitched. The whole place looked a bit menacing. "Humph," was all Nick could muster. Judy looked at him. "Wait, you haven't fallen out with me over dinner, have you?" She said, raising an eyebrow in suspicion. "No?! Judy, I don't just fall out with people. Especially not you," he said, looking into her eyes, smirking. Judy looked down, trying to hide her blushes. "I can see you blushing Carrots. Stop hiding it, I know I'm charming," he said, walking down the dark alleyway without a care in the world. Judy was speechless. What if he found out she liked him!

Judy followed Nick, looking around warily. She had a bad feeling about the place. "House number?" Nick asked, breaking the eerie silence. "Oh, um, 32!" Judy said. "Huh! What do you know, we are right here," Nick chuckled, pointing at the door. Judy pulled a scared expression. "Well go on!" She beckoned. "Knock!" Nick did as he was told. The door was opened by a burly tiger, who did not seem happy to see the two cops.
"Good evening sir, I'm officer Wilde and this is my partner Officer Hopps, we believe you were involved in a crime yesterday at Zootopia Mall." Nick said matter of factly. Judy stood forward. "We found this at the scene. We believe this is you," she said, pointing at the picture. The tiger looked furious. "Listen, fluff face, I'm not going to let you smart talk me any longer, or you'll be very, very sorry," he snarled, extracting his claws in her face. Judy gasped and took a step back cautiously. Nick was now angry. "HEY," he said, covering Judy protectively. "One she's a cop, and two," he said, fumbling in his back pocket. "Your under arrest," he said, playing with a pair of handcuffs. The tiger laughed. "Good luck with that. In case you haven't noticed, I'm 10 times bigger than you," he said. "I brought backup," Nick smirked. Suddenly, a lion and bull cop appeared from behind him. Before he knew it, the tiger was in the police car, glaring at the two through the window.
"Well we did it! Got one of the criminals. Just gotta find the other two," Nick cheered, turning to face Judy. "Yeah," murmured Judy. Nick saw she was upset, and kneeled down, placing his paws on both her shoulders. "What's wrong?" He asked. "Nick, I wish everyone would stop viewing me as a defenceless little bunny who can be walked all over and as who I really am. A cop!" She sighed, her bright growing glossy with tears. She fumbled with her badge. "Maybe I should call it quits." She mumbled, not looking Nick in the eye. Nick looked shocked. "I can't lose you Judy! Your my partner! You mean everything to me!" He said shaking her despairingly. Judy thought. She meant everything to him? Did her love her? "No Nick, I'm not actually going to quit. I worked too hard for this, I just wish I was treated like everyone else on the ZPD team." She whimpered. "It was just one guy. It doesn't mean everyone thinks that! Plus, he was a jerk." He said, crossing his arms. Judy sighed and looked into his eyes. "Nick, when you said I mean everything to you, did you really mean it?" She asked. Nick gasped in shock. "What? Of course I did! Judy, without you, I'd be lost! Why your my best friend!" Nick said beaming. Judy smiled, but on the inside her heart shattered. She was just a friend to him. Without thinking, she hugged him tight. Nick stroked her ears lovingly. Judy's heart skipped a beat when he planted a short but sweet kiss on her forehead. "You bunnies are always so emotional!" Nick chuckled. Judy was still blushing. He kissed her! Not on the lips, but still!