Chapter 20

"Karl, if you hurt Judy, I swear you'll get it real bad," screamed Roxy down the phone. So loud even Judy could hear. "Oh Roxy, you dumb fox! When will you learn to just let it go!" Karl complained. "Ever since I met you you've been nothing but a pain!" But Roxy wouldn't give up this soon. "Karl, that's not important anymore. Where is Judy? What have you done with her?" She demanded. Karl laughed. "As if I'd tell you! You tried to ruin my perfectly put together plan! You spilled the beans to the police, the one thing as a "friend" I told you NOT to do!" Roxy was getting impatient now. "Karl, when are you ever going to grow up! You can't just rob a bank and expect to get away with it!" She shouted. "Oh sweetheart," cooed Karl. "I already have!" Judy thought for a moment. There was no way Karl was willing to tell Judy where she was, so she had to somehow tell her herself. Then it hit her.
"Hey Roxy!" Judy screamed at the top of her lungs. "If you can hear me, tell Nick to turn right at the hotel and keep walking, he'll find me, in an alleyway!" Karl glared at Judy. "Dumb bunny!!" He yelled. Roxy heard every word, and immediately hung up. She had to tell Nick.
"Come on, come on!!" Nick yelled to his  phone. He needed to hear from Roxy, to hear that Judy was safe. Then, his phone finally started to ring. It was Roxy, but this time he was glad to see that.
"Where is she? Is she okay? Does she forgive me?" blurted Nick at once. "Nick, when you get out of the hotel, run to your right. The wolf and panther you're trying to hunt down have captured her, and if you don't get there soon...." Roxy trailed off. Nick began to panick, and sprinted down the road. How could he have let this happen to her? The one he truly loved was in danger. If she was killed by these beasts, he would get down on his knees, and demand to be killed with her.  "Judy?!?" Nick yelled as loud as he could.
"Okay bunny, let's try again," Karl snapped, towering over Judy. "You don't have to do this," Judy said sternly. "You can let me go, and I won't mention a word to the ZPD, I promise." The wolf didn't speak for a moment, but then scoffed. "As if I'm meant to believe that, Fluff face. I've heard all about you. You were  "top of your class at the academy" and "best cop on the force" ", he said mockingly. Judy tried to stay calm. "Look," she sighed. "This is a life/death situation. I'd rather let down the whole force than become dead meat." Judy looked up at the wolf with the biggest eyes she could muster. Of course she wasn't going to let down the ZPD. She just hoped they were stupid enough to fall for her trickery. "Yeah, right bunny. I know all about you. You specifically said at one of your little speeches, that a good cop puts there life at risk for the good of the city. So yeah, nice try!" The wolf grinned, reaching for the knife. Judy's eyes widened as Karl reached for the knife, the panther holding her hostage. "Let me go!!!" Judy yelped pathetically. "Any last words?" Snarled the panther. "Hold it right there!" A voice called out. Judy knew that voice.
"Oh look! It seems you too have fallen into our little trap!" Karl jeered. "Nick Wilde, isn't it? How lovely of you to join us." Nick growled. "Let her go." He snarled. Pulling his gun out of his pocket, he repeated himself. "Let. Her. Go." Karl looked shocked. "You wouldn't go as far as to shoot me, would you? I mean, she is just a dumb bunny!!" He sniggered. "She's my bunny. And I won't let you hurt her. Now let her go." Karl glanced at the panther, and then back at Nick. "Your bunny? What, you gonna have her for tea?" He burst out laughing, high fiving the panther. "She's my girlfriend. And I ain't ashamed to say it." Karl looked even more shocked. "You mean, an interspecial relationship?! Ohhh man that's illegal here! Looks like you'll be joining us in prison!" He laughed. "Look if I have to repeat myself one more time, I'll have to shoot both of you," Nick growled. Karl rolled his eyes. "All right!" He huffed, shoving Judy out of the chair. Judy scampered towards Nick, hugging him tight. "Your under arrest," she said, bringing out her handcuffs. "Don't smart talk me bunny," Karl said, towering over her. Nick moved in front of her protectively. "Sir, your under arrest!" He yelled, attempting to hand cuff him. The wolf grabbed him by the scruff, and got close up to his face. "No I'm not," He whispered. Full of rage, Nick kicked him hard in the face. "Oh... You messed with the wrong wolf, FOX!" Karl spat. Pinning Nick to the ground, he began punching him, harder and harder. "Nick!!! Stop it NOW!!" Judy screamed, punching Karl in the face. Still pinning Nick to the ground, Karl picked up Judy and flung her out onto the sidewalk. "Run Judy... " Nick whimpered, helplessly trying to fight off the wolf. His face was bloodied and bruised. "Nick I'm not leaving you!!" Judy cried. She watched as Nick punched the wolf, only to be completely battered in return. Then, with one final blow, Nick was down on the ground. One look at him ceased Judy to scream.
"NICK!!!!!!!!!!"