Chapter 16

Seeing Judy sob like that broke Nick inside. To think that only 5 minutes ago she was so happy, to only be upset and crying over others hatred. He couldn't stand to see her like this.
Edging close to her, he put an arm around her. Judy nestled her head into his chest, making his shirt wet with tears. But Nick didn't mind. "Judy?" He whispered. Judy looked up at him, her eyes red. "Yeah?" She breathed. "The only way we are gonna get through this is if we ignore it. If we show that they're getting to us, they'll only do it more," Nick said sadly. "But I want to confront them. I want them to know what they've done to us. I want..." Judy's tantrum was silenced by Nicks lips on hers. Clutching his collar, all her cares faded away. She didn't care who was watching. She loved Nick, and nothing would change that.
Nick pulled away and looked deep into her eyes. "Let me just tell you one thing," he said, his voice breaking slightly trying to hold back tears. "If we ever happen to be broken apart, remember that I love you, and I will think of you everyday," he said, holding her tiny paw. Judy's eyes watered, looking down at her paw, then back up at Nick. "Don't forget that," he whispered. Judy gazed at him. "I won't," she said, kissing him again.
"What do you think you're doing?" An angry voice made Judy pull away from Nick with a jump. "I believe I'm not doing anything wrong sir!" Judy said looking up at the burly wolf warily. He seemed to be a cop. "Not you, fluff face. The fox," he said, pointing at Nick. A worried expression spread over his face, as he cowered before the wolfs finger. "What did I do exactly?" He asked as confident as possible. "You know what you did. I saw you kiss that rabbit. Do you know that being involved in an interspecial relationship is a crime here in Silver City?" The wolf roared. Nick was flabbergasted. "That's the most ridiculous thing I've ever heard. And plus, I'm a cop as well," Nick said, flashing him his ZPD badge. The wolf scoffed. "Let me guess. Your from Zootopia. Where anyone can be anything and it's all sunshine and rainbows!" The wolf said, flapping his hands around mockingly. "You can kiss all the rodents in Zootopia but if I ever catch you again fox, you're done," the wolf said, turning to leave. Nick was too shocked to argue back. Turning to face Judy, he saw that she too was dumbfounded. "What was that all about?" She trembled. Nick sat back down beside her. "What is this world coming to?" Nick said, putting his head in his paws. "Some people are... Just plain stupid. Judy, I think you were right. Maybe we should stand up to these people, before it's too late." Suddenly, a taxi pulled up. "Here's our taxi," Judy said, nudging Nick. The pair sat in the back seat. "Police station?" The driver asked. "Yes please," Nick said. They were silent for most of the journey, only speaking when paying the driver.
"Okay, so here we are!" Judy said, gazing up at the rather tall building. "Silver City police station." Nick walked forward. "I'm actually hoping they are here Carrots. We need to get out of here," he sighed. "I know." Judy mumbled.
The two looked around, trying to find reception. The sooner they solved this case, the better. "There's reception," Judy said, excitedly pointing.
"Hello, how can I help you," the receptionist asked. "I'm Judy Hopps, from the Zootopia Police Department, and we've been sent here looking for a wolf and Panther criminal. You don't happen to know whether they've been brought here?" Judy asked hopefully. The cheetah looked scrolled on her computer. "Nope... I'm sorry, we haven't had a wolf or panther here in years. If you have a picture, we could help track them down?" She said. Judy's fumbled in her bag looking for the case file. Pulling it out, she pointed at the criminals. "They were involved in a mass robbery at Zootopia Mall. We heard that if the police were on their tail, that they would escape to Silver City," Judy explained. The cheetah nodded. "We'll do our best." She said. "Thank you so much!" Judy thanked her. The pair walked out through the door. Judy sighed. "Looks like we're not getting out of here anytime soon," she said. Nick said nothing. "Nick?" Judy asked. "Everything okay?" Nick glanced at her. "We're lucky that wolf cop wasn't there," he groaned. Judy looked down sadly. This wasn't the life she wanted to live. She wanted to live a life were she could do what made her happy, without people judging her and saying horrid things to her. She was even beginning to regret falling in love with Nick...
The two walked in silence for quite a while. They didn't even know where they were going. They were deep in thought however. "Why did I fall for him! Why why why!" Thought Judy. "Just don't let it show, just don't let it show," Nick thought. Judy finally broke the silence. "We seem to be getting close to the city centre. We can find a hotel, and get some rest, and a bit of privacy as well," Judy said, enphazing the word "privacy". Nick cocked an eyebrow and smirked. "You're the boss," he said, the smirk still plastered on his face. Judy screwed up her face. "Nick, ew! You're not thinking what I think you're thinking, are you?" She asked, folding her arms. Nick shook his head, chuckling. "I'm messing with you Carrots." Judy sighed in relief, but was still slightly mad at him. But Nick found it adorable when she got mad. In fact, she found her adorable all the time. How badly he wanted to cuddle her, to hold her in his arms all night long. "However," Nick said, glancing at Judy. Gulping nervously, she looked up at him. "What?" She asked.
"I'd love a little cuddle with you tonight Judy," Nick mumbled shyly.