Chapter 22

Judy spun around. "You called me Carrots!" She yelped. Nick was confused. "Sorry, is it an insult? I just thought bunny... And carrots..." Nick stuttered. Judy shook her head violently. "Oh no no no Nick this you don't understand! You used to call me Carrots all the time! It was your little nickname for me," Judy said, blushing slightly. "So that could hopefully mean your starting to remember things, right?" Judy was desperate to get her Nick back. Nick could see the rabbit was getting excited, but he couldn't remember her at all, so he hated seeing her getting her hopes up.
As soon as the doctor came into the room, he noticed Judy in the corner. "Ah, so you must be Judy Hopps. Does he remember you?" The doctor asked her. Judy shook her head sadly. "But you said I could help him! What did you mean..how can I help him?" She asked. The doctor thought. "Well, it hasn't been proven to work every time, but I think there's a way. If you take Nick to every place you've been, and explain what happened, he may begin to remember. It's a lot of work, but usually patients can at least begin to remember some things," he explained. Judy's face fell. "Some things? So he may not remember me?" She asked despairingly. "I'm afraid not, Judy, but it's up to Nick what he's capable of remembering." The doctor replied. Nick found the whole situation scary. A huge chunk of his life he couldn't remember? This rabbit was his girlfriend? Well she is kinda pretty... What?!
"How do you feel Nick?" The doctor asked, awakening him from his daydream. "I feel just fine doc," Nick said, in his usual tone. "I think we could dismiss you from the hospital later today, but you will need to come back soon to have your wounds redressed," the doctor said, writing on his clipboard. Nick nodded. "I'll leave you two for another while," the doctor said, leaving the room. "Chief Bogo will be so disappointed in us," sighed Judy. "Chief Bogo?" Nick asked confused. "Oh... He's the guy who assigned us a case. We came here to Silver City to catch two criminals that fled Zootopia. Luckily we caught them," Judy sighed. "So why would he be disappointed?" Nick asked her. "Because! You remember nothing about your career as an officer! If only I hadn't got mad at you and left you...." Judy trailed off, trying not to burst into tears. "Wait, did you dump me?" Nick blurted. Judy looked at him. "Not necessarily, I just thought you cheated on me with a fox," she said. "But I know you didn't. I was wrong to think the worst of you." Nick was quite surprised. "Remember anything?" Judy asked, a tiny spark of hope in her eyes. Nick thought. He thought hard. "I can't remember.... All I remember is ..... Finnick and.... Selling Popsicles," he stated. Judy's ears sprang up. "Do you remember a police officer buying a jumbo pop for you?" She asked. Nick scratched his head. "Um.... No I don't... Why was it you?" Nick said. Judy nodded. "Yes, it was me. But then I caught you using it for your own business, and then I promised if you helped me with a case I wouldn't arrest you." Judy said smirking. Nick looked shocked. "What did I do wrong? I had to make mon- feed my little boy somehow!" He stuttered, going red. "Nick, no need to lie. I remember everything that happened." Judy said with a smirk. Nick laughed wearily, shuffling his feet. "So we are actually... like dating? Isn't that... wrong??" Nick queries. Judy's face fell. "Well, um, you didn't think so!" She protested. She looked at the ground sadly. "It'll never be the same..." she whispered. Nick sighed. "I'm sorry Judy. I'm sorry I can't remember you. If there was a way to fix this I would do it in a heartbeat." He said. "It's like I... don't know you anymore," Judy mumbled. "I just want my Nick back..." Tears began to glass over her eyes, and she let them spill down her cheeks. Nick noticed this, and kneeled down giving her a big hug. Judy clung to him and breathed in his familiar musky scent, just like old times. "I miss you," Judy cried. Nick closed his eyes, Judy seemed devastated. He found it strange how he couldn't remember her at all. Not one bit.
*FLASHBACK*
"Hey fox, you probably can't read, but the sign says we RESERVE THE RIGHT TO REFUSE SERVICE TO ANYONE!" The elephant bellowed. "You're holding up the line," another elephant said behind him, pushing him. Nick was desperate. All he wanted was to make some profit, besides, no one else trusted him enough to employ him for a proper job, he had nobody else other than Finnick. There was no there way! "Excuse me?" A voice from behind Nick was heard. He turned around to see her....
*END OF FLASHBACK*
Nick gasped, and pulled away from the hug. Judys eyes widened. "What is it Nick?" She asked, trembling. "Judy... I... think... I think I remember you!!"
I'm so sorry it took forever to update.... I had so much stuff in the way and I forgot about this story! But I will update regularly again for you guys xx