Chapter 5

"Judy, you don't actually have to..." Nick trailed off when the bunny left the room in a hurry. "Was it something I said?" It most definitely was.
Nick continued to look around the room. Boy it was creepy. These animals were crazy, there was hundreds of menacing looking weapons. Taking out his camera, he began a video, making sure to capture everything he could see. Taking out his walkie talkie, he contacted Bogo. "Bogo, do you read me? Yes. We've came to the house, and oh boy. So far there's been a massive pool of blood, and believe me, it he's worse. I'm standing here in a shed full of weapons. There's hundreds!" He exclaimed. "Be sure to get images Officer Wilde. And any other evidence bring back to the ZPD!" Bogo replied. "Got it," said Nick, putting his walkie talkie back in his pocket. "Seems to be nothing but weapons in here," Nick said leaving the shed. As he walked past the pool of blood again, something caught his eye. Kneeling down, the saw it. A single piece of hair, which was a beige colour. "Yes!" He said to himself, carefully placing it in a clear bag. It couldn't be any of the criminals, or so he hoped, as they were an orange tiger, grey wolf and white and black leopard. So this hair, sadly, most likely belonged to whoever shed blood. Nick took one last look upstairs, but Judy had already searched and took whatever evidence she'd found useful. Speaking of Judy, where was she?

Nick casually left the house and trudged back to the RV in his usual manner. Getting in the passenger seat beside Judy, he looked at her. "Hey, why did you leave Carrots?" He asked. "Don't call me Carrots," Judy said angrily, beginning the RV. Nick was shocked. "Judy? What's wrong with you? And why, why did you leave me?" He said, fixing his gaze on her and her only. "You know why I left," Judy said even more angry now, trying not to cry. She didn't want to prove herself a "scared little bunny" again. Nick chuckled. "Actually, I don't know," he said, placing a hand on her shoulder. Judy immediately scratched his hand, making him jump back. "Ow! Judy, what the hell? Tell me what I did to you!" He shouted. Judy glared at him. "You stereotyped me! You assumed that since I was such a scared little bunny that you should take the case alone! You didn't like it when you were viewed as sly and cunning by everyone! And then you go and say that to me!!" Judy said, crying now. Nick felt ashamed. He had obviously really hurt her. He knew how it felt. "Judy.. I-I'm sorry.. I should've thought before I spoke. This is just a really important case and we can't let Zootopia down!" He said, looking into her eyes. Judy sniffled, trying to stop herself from bursting into tears again. "But you still think that I'm weak, pathetic, scared.." She whispered. "Don't you?" Nick looked down. "I knew it," she said blankly. Nick looked at her. "What? I never said that Judy!" He said shaking her. "You hesitated! Your a sly, horrid, lying fox! It's no wonder no one can trust you!!" Judy screamed. Looking down at her fox repellant, she sighed. My dad was right." Nick froze.

******** flashback ********
"You'll never get anywhere in life Nick," the porcupine sneered. "Do you wanna know why?" Nick gulped. (He's a cub btw) "Because your a fox," he spat. Those words hurt more than any knife to the heart would. They etched themselves into every corner of his mind. They echoed in his ears. Eyes brimming with tears, he ran out of the building. He didn't know where he was running to, but he never stopped running. He didn't want anyone to see that they got to him...
******** end of flashback ********

Nick was shaking now. He looked away from Judy. "Just drive," he said. Judy knew what she had said had hurt him real bad. But what she didn't know, was what Nick had gone through as a cub.
Nick gazed out the window. A large lump had risen in his throat, his eyes aching from holding in the tears. It was always the same. He could never show anyone that they got to him.
The pair sat in silence for the duration of the journey home. Judy tried to say something, but always held back. But she had to speak to him. She had to apologise to him, but at the same time, she was still very angry and upset at him. What a day.
Judy parked the RV, and hopped out without a word, charging in front of Nick, who followed in silence. Clawhauser was about to greet them with a friendly hello as usual, but noticed that the pair looked on bad terms, and sank back down in his chair.
"Chief Bogo, we're back," Judy said, hopping onto a chair. Reluctantly, Nick sat beside her, but edged as far away from her as possible. "I found this beside a rather large pool of blood," spoke Nick, showing Bogo the hair inside the bag. "And watch this," he said, pulling out his camera and showing him the video of the weapons. Bogo's eyes widened. "That sure is a lot of weapons! More importantly, did you get any information on where they went?" Bogo said, eyeing the pair. Judy spoke up. "I only found this book. I had a good read through it, but it's pretty similar to the one we found at the tiger's house," she said. Bogo nodded. "We will carry out a DNA test on the fur, find out who it belongs to and if they're alive. If they is, we can ask them for as much information as they know. Well done you two. Dismissed," he said, walking back to his desk. Judy sprang out her chair and made a run for the door. Nick followed behind. He had to fix things with Judy, but at the same time, he couldn't bear to speak to her. Not after how much she hurt him.