Chapter 15

Judy looked up at Nick nervously. "I-It was because we only met that day or something, I don't know... it was just a dream so it's nothing personal," she stammered apologetically. Nick laughed. "I don't know why you're getting so worked up about this Carrots. It was just a dream. And I would never propose to anyone on the same day we got together. It's crazy!" He said. Judy sighed in relief. "Phew! I was just worried you'd get really upset or something!" She exclaimed. Nick just smiled. He found it interesting that Judy had that dream. Would he ever propose to her, in the near future?
"The plane will be landing in Silver City in approximately 10 minutes." The flight attendant said. Judy turned to face Nick. "And then we can catch these criminals, get home and hopefully live our normal lives again!" Judy cheered. Nick chuckled. "Oh Judy, that's one of the things I love about you. You are always positive, no matter what," he said, gazing at her lovingly. Judy tried hard to control how much she was blushing. "Thank y-you," she said, not looking him in the eyes. "No problem Carrots," Nick said, looking out the window. "Looks like we're here." Nick pointed out the window. Judy's ears perked up as she saw how big the city was. Gulping, she imagined how difficult it was going to be trying to find these two criminals. They might not even be here! "Looks like we're gonna be staying for more than a night Nick," she groaned. "That's not a bad thing. This is like a little holiday for us! We should make the most out of it!" Nick said, returning his gaze to the window. Nick was right. It would be fun!
The pair got off the plane and got out of the airport. The city was huge. Judy and Nick stood there, gawking at it. "And I thought Zootopia was big," Judy laughed. Nick was still in awe. "Okay Carrots. We need to find the police station and ask if they have caught them yet," he said, beginning to walk. Judy hurried behind him. "What if they have?" Judy asked. "We can't really come here just to leave again. Those plane tickets weren't cheap." Nick thought. "We can't stay here for too long if the case is solved. We're cops, of Zootopia. We need to serve there," he told Judy. She nodded. "Question is," Nick said. "Where is the police station?" Judy pulled out her phone and went onto maps. Looking up "silver city police station" she waited patiently for it to load. "This will show us where we are, and where the police station is," Judy said showing Nick the screen. "What? It's at the other end of the city! Grrr," Judy groaned. "No biggie," Nick said. "We can get a taxi! Gee Carrots, maybe I'm the positive one here." He said smirking. Judy frowned. "Just call a taxi and stop being a pain," Judy laughed elbowing him. "Ow!" Nick said, clutching his side. "For a little bunny, that really hurt." Judy smirked, proud of herself. "Pull yourself together Nick, we have criminals to catch," Judy said. "Oh right yes," Nick said, pulling out his mobile phone. "Hello! Yes, could I have a taxi from Silver City airport to the police station please! Thank you!" Nick said, putting his phone in his pocket. Sitting down on the step beside Judy, he subtly edged closer to her. Judy noticed immediately. "Could you get any closer?" She said, pretending to be mad. Nick ignored her, and pulled out his phone. Going on to Twitter, his eyes widened. #bunnyandfox was trending. This couldn't be good. Nervously tapping the screen. He saw the endless tweets displaying disgust towards them. "What has Zootopia come to?" "Interspecial relationships are just plain wrong. To think the face of the ZPD would do this!" Then Nick came across a slightly blurry picture of the two. It was obvious that someone had taken the picture from inside a building. It was of them kissing. Nick couldn't help but smile, remembering the sweet feeling of her lips on his. But then his smile turned to a frown as he read the comment. "This is disgusting. I was enjoying a cup of tea when I spotted this out of the window. A bunny and a fox! Predator and prey! Someone needs to put an end to this!The fact that they're cops is even more disturbing! That fox most likely wants to eat that bunny for dinner!" The tweet read. Nick's eyes stung with tears. Why did they always target the fox? Why was it always going to be the same way, no matter what? They never taunted Judy, he always the one accused of trying to eat her, or something of that effect.
Judy noticed that Nick was on his phone, so she decided to pull hers out and scroll through Furbook. To her shock, #bunnyandfox was trending. Her breathing quickened. If this was online, surely everyone would find out! They couldn't live their normal lives without constantly being judged, taunted, jeered at. This was all too much to take in. When she first came to Zootopia, she thought it would be a place where people can be themselves, love who they want and think how they want. But so far, she's only been judged, hated, despised of and made feel terrible. This wasn't the dream she dreamt of.
Taking a deep breath, she scrolled down her phone. Reading the comments, her vision became blurry as her eyes welled up. Then she saw a picture. It was of them kissing. Who had done this?!
Nick was still scrolling through the hundreds of hurtful messages, each one breaking him more than the last. Then he glanced at Judy, who was on her phone. Had she seen it?
"Judy?" Nick asked, gently, touching her shoulder. "Did you see them" Judy hid her face. The tears streamed down her face uncontrollably. Looking up at him, she nodded weakly. "I did."

Yet another cliffhanger!🤔 I hope you guys are enjoying this story!