Chapter 9: Lots of Plot

Ichigo, chad, uryuu, and rukia used a portal created by kisuke urahara to enter Hueco Mundo in search of renji abarai who had been taken captive by an arrancar. During their travels through the sandy landscape they run into a small child like arrancar named nel, who decides to lead them to las noches. Toshiro hitsugaya and his lieutenant Rangiku Masumoto show up and join them in their pursuit. Toshiro explains that head captain yamamoto didn't realize how strong of feelings were between renji and kana and agreed to allow hitsugaya and his lieutenant to go in search of renji with order to save him and return him to the soul society. They enter las noches with her help and soon find themselves having to split up in order to find renji.

Meanwhile grimmjow attends a meeting with the other espada and aizen. Aizen tells them to hold their positions and not fight the intruders. Grimmjow pouts because he wants to fight Ichigo but he obeys. Once the meeting is over grimmjow tells aizen about what Szayel did to kana while she was still sealed. Aizen understands that he can't allow this to go unpunished so he forbids Szayel from any fighting when Ichigo and his friends get to las noches. (not allowed to participate. lol)

Renji stayed with kana in grimmjow's room because she was healed from her earlier fight with szayel, but still hadn't woken up yet. He has no idea what's going on outside the room just that grimmjow had said Ichigo and some others were now in Hueco Mundo. Renji is torn between waiting for kana to wake up and just leaving to find Ichigo, but with his power still sealed if he ran into anyone other than his friends he'd probably end up dead.

"Renji..." kana mumbles.

Renji pulls himself out of his thought and looks at kana. "I'm here. How are you feeling?"

Kana smiles a little and looks at renji. "I'm fine I was just so worried about you..." kana sits up and immediately notices her bracelet has been removed. "My ban was removed?"

Renji nods. "Yeah right after you took the hit for me grimmjow came back. He said he'd been talking to aizen and aizen told him it was ok to lift the ban." He hugs kana and smiles. "I'm so glad you're alright I thought you died again."

Kana chuckles a little. "I won't die that easy renji." She pauses and looks up at the window. "That spirit pressure..."

Renji nods. "Yeah Ichigo brought some people with him to storm las noches... I don't figure their here to site see they're probably looking for me." renji states folding his arms. "I'm not sure who all came but unmistakably one of them has to be Ichigo... I just hope he knows what he is doing because if he gets killed here in Hueco Mundo trying to save me I'm never going to forgive him."

Kana smiles. "He's strong I'm sure he'll alright as long as he doesn't try to fight any of the espada."

Renji frowns. "They aren't going to just let him run around in las noches though."

Kana nods. "Probably not. If anything he'll be looking for you. Aizen only allowed you to stay because of grimmjow so if he wants to avoid fighting he'll probably just tell you to leave with them."

Renji frowns. "Come with me."

Kana looks at the floor. "Renji... you know I want to but the head captain doesn't trust me..." kana bites her lip. "if I stay in the human world I'm sure arrancar will come after me... and I can't go to the soul society because yamamoto won't let me. Soul reapers don't trust me... and the espada won't let me live in peace... if I leave here... they'll probably come after me."

Renji bites his lip too. "Then you're saying... you can't come with me? Did... did you know this whole time if you left again..."

Kana nods. "Yes..." kana looks at the floor. "When grimmjow first brought you here I knew that either you would have to stay or... we couldn't..."