Chapter 13: Grimmjow's Heart

(Chapter summary: This part is all Grimmjow x nami. After spending the day with kisuke he spends the night time with nami. nami tries to think of a way to get grimmjow to see that he has a heart already but is interrupted when uryuu ishida senses an arrancar and shows up only to find nami with grimmjow.)

Back in the world of the living it is just turning night and nami has just got off work. She asked grimmjow if he would like to hang out with her and he agreed. The two of them go for a walk ending up on top of a hill outside of town. The lights from the town don't reach up the hill so it's darker but has a great view of the stars. Grimmjow and nami are laying on a blanket staring at the sky.

"So you're saying... your human scientists think those stars are actually just the lights of distance planets." Grimmjow muses over that wondering if that means there could be other planets like this one out there.

"That's right." Nami smiles. "Some of them aren't even there anymore. Because the light takes so long to get to this planet that by the time it gets here the planet could already have become a super nova."

Grimmjow smirks. "That's interesting." He stares at the sky. "You can't see things like this in Hueco Mundo. Sure it's always night there but there isn't any sort of light other than the moon. And the walls of las noches were painted by aizen to look like a day sky from the world of the living."

Nami looks at grimmjow. "Yeah? It sounds like that place is kind of dull."

Grimmjow nods. "Yeah it is."

Nami smiles a little. "If you don't mind me asking... how come you keep that fake body on?"

Grimmjow looks at nami. "Well you wouldn't be able to see me otherwise. Unless you can see spirits."

Nami bites her lip. "Actually I did see something strange today." She looks at the sky. "That's too bad that I couldn't see you that way..."

"Well I could try..." Grimmjow sits up and pulls his soul body out of the fake body letting it fall back down behind him. "So... can you see me?"

Nami nods. "Yeah..."

Grimmjow smirks. "Must be because of your near death experience..." Nami reaches up like she's going to try to touch his face and he backs up a little. "What?"

Nami frowns. "Hold still." She puts her hand on the mask and smiles. "I just wanted to see if it was real. What is it?"

(yes i realize the photoshop could have been better but i was in a hurry

(yes i realize the photoshop could have been better but i was in a hurry.)

Grimmjow isn't really sure how to deal with this. "It's just a hollow mask... it's part of the mask I had before I became an arrancar." 'Why is she touching me? Why she ask so many questions about me?'

"So it's part of you?" nami asks.

"yes." Grimmjow plays it off pretending he doesn't care that she's messing with his face. "Are you done yet... this is... really weird..."