Part 8

~

"In the valley of the blind, the one-eyed man is king."

-August Wilson

~

It has been a week since I realized that I might quite possibly very fucking much like Emma Baker.

At first after realizing how I felt about her, being around her was a little awkward. Who am I kidding? It is very awkward.

But then I decided it shouldn't matter how I felt as long as I didn't act on my feelings.

Acting on how I felt would never work. Emma and I are way too different.

I would ruin her.

I'm was seriously regretting my decision to keep our relationship platonic as I felt Emma brush against me as we laid closely together on her bed.

I turned down towards her to see her loose brown hair fanned against the pillow her head was on as a soft smile was present on her smooth pink lips.

God, she is so fucking beautiful.

I quickly looked away from her towards the ceiling

I bet her lips would feel so good against mine as my arm wrapped around her waist pulling her closer to m-"What are you thinking about?" Emma asked snapping me out of my train of increasingly inappropriate thoughts.

"Nothing," I answered quickly. "Right..." She replied clearly not believing me at all.

"Why is it that every time I come over your house, your parents are never home?" I asked curiously as I tried to change the subject.

She shrugged. "Let not talk about family." She said indifferently.

"Why not?" I asked turning to look at her again. She frowned "My mom is a fucking witch and my dad is overbearing. There's nothing else to say."

I smirked before saying "Don't curse, it sounds weird when you do it." I have a feeling that if I could see her eyes she would be rolling them right now.

"I can fucking curse if I want to, asshole. You're such a fucking hypocrite." She said clearly swearing more to try an annoy me.

I rolled my eyes but didn't say anything. For a while we just laid there not saying a word to each other, it was nice.

"What your biggest dream?" Emma asked breaking the silence. I turned my head looking at her as I thought.

"What do you mean?" I asked. She smiled softly "I mean like what's your dream? What's your heart's goal in life?" She asked explaining.

I quickly replied, "probably to travel around the world with of my friends and a large dog in a van while always having the munchies and solving mysteries."

She frowned, "no seriously." She asked.

I shrugged as I thought "I don't have any. I don't have some grand goal or plan for my life." I said truthfully.

She didn't respond as she seemed in thought.

"That's kind of sad." She replied as she sat up and faced me. I looked at her trying to see her eyes through her large black glasses but failed.

"Well, what are yours?" I asked trying to shift the focus off myself.

She frowned. "I don't know." She shrugged. I frowned "hey, I'm allowed to be a bum but not you." I said teasing her.

"How come you don't know?" I asked. She shrugged again. "There have always been so many things I couldn't do, that I never thought about what I could." She answered.