Part 9

~

"He looked at her like a blind man seeing the sun for the first time."

-Unknown

~

The ride back to Emma's house was silent. Not an awkward I-can't-fucking-take-this-shit-anymore silence but a nice comfortable one.

Emma seemed happy as she hummed to herself.

When I got to Emma's house I parked across the street instead of in the driveway because strangely enough there was already a car in her driveway and another one in front of her house.

"I had a really great time, thanks a lot for taking me," Emma said breaking the silence.

"No problem," I said as I stole a few glances at her.

Every time I saw her I swear she got more beautiful.

I know it would never work, us being together, but that doesn't stop me from wanting it.

"Come on," I said breaking my train of thought as I got out the car.

Emma opened the door on her side before I helped her step out.

I took her hand to lead her across the street but she stopped me pulling me back to her, her back against the car.

My body stood pressed against hers as my forehead leaned on hers.

How did I not notice this amazing girl before in my life? Okay, so I did notice her, but what the fuck took me so long to talk to her?

She is like a work of art. And, all I want to do is color her in.

"I really want to kiss you." I blurted out in a breathy whisper.

Emma didn't miss a beat as she whispered back "then do it."

Her minty breath fanning my face.

I softly cupped her delicate cheek in my hand.

If only she weren't wearing those stupid fucking glasses, if only our eyes could meet in this moment.

Man, I've been watching too many romance movies with my mom.

I slowly lent forward closing the small distance between us.

I could feel her lips just barely brush my own when I jumped as I heard a car door slam near us.

I pulled away from her and looked towards her house to see her stupid cousin Rebecca looking towards us.

I sighed as I moved away from Emma slightly. "Let's go, it getting late," I said frowning.

Emma frowned. The tip of her tongue came out as she licked her bottom lip.

I quickly lead her across the street.

"Everyone has been looking for you," Rebecca said as she came forward and hugged Emma.

"I was with Daniel," Emma said. Rebecca gave me a dirty look. "Yeah, I saw." She replied to Emma.

"What are you doing here, Raquel?" I asked changing the subject. Rebecca glared at me harder.

"It's Rebecca and Emma's parents called me over to come to help them look for her," Rolonda explained.

I nodded but didn't really care.

I couldn't help but feel pissed that Rebecca interrupted Emma and me.

Before I could say anything rude Emma quickly said: "let's go inside, it's kind of cold out here."