Part 18

~

"You lie to her, you lie to me, you lie to yourself. Blind girl blind you."

-Daniel Wallace

~

Why did I agree to this?

It was Thanksgiving morning and currently, I was in my room trying to figure out what to wear.

What do you wear to meet your girlfriend's family?

My mom already left to work hours ago and Emma and her parents were due to pick me up in about an hour.

We were all supposed to drive together one town over to Emma's aunt or cousin or some other relatives house for dinner.

If I said I wasn't nervous then I'd be a damn liar.

The one thing keeping me from backing out was not wanting to disappoint Emma, she has been so excited about this since she invited me.

She would go on and on about her cousin, I think she said his name was Andy or something, and how great we'd get along.

If this Aiden dude was anything like Rebecca...

At least I'll have Devon there to keep me sane, Rebecca invited him a while ago.

He was actually excited to go.

I guess Devon and Rebecca are back together again, none of us have really questioned him on it. Which is kind of unfair because I remember all the shit they gave me about Emma but at the same time I don't care enough to ask him.

Do I dress formal or casual?

What's considered formal anyways?

I think black is as formal as I'm gonna get, I decided as I slipped on my least faded black jeans.

I quickly pulled on a black and grey shirt before checking my phone as I towel dried my dripping mess of hair.

I ignored the standard 'happy thanksgiving' texts blowing up my notifications as I noticed Emma texted me.

Her message was simple and straightforward "We are on our way to pick you up."

Before I could reply the door bell rang.

"Shit," I mumbled to myself as I hopped trying to quickly put on my shoes. I ran down stairs and opened the door to see Emmett and Emma.

"Hey," I said trying to catch my breath as I looked at Emma.

She was wearing that warm yellow knitted sweater shirt of her's with off black jeans and boots.

She was wearing her long black jacket, but it wasn't buttoned forcing her to feel most of the chilled November winds.

"Ready?" She asked as a smile took over her face. Her cheeks and nose were flushed a deep pink from the harsh cold.

"Yeah," I said stepping out of the house and locking the door behind me.

"Nice to see you again, Mr.Baker." I said trying to sound respectful. Emmett laughed as he playfully patted my back.

"How many time do I have to tell you to call me Emmett, Mr.Baker sounds so old." He said as he walked over to the car.

"You look lovely," I whispered so only Emma would hear me.

She smiled a bit wider with her cheeks turning a bit pinker.

"Thanks, so do you." She said joking.

I opened the car door for Emma allowing her to get in first.

The car was a shiny black BMW. It looked completely out of place in front of my small run-down house and a rusty car.