Part 39

~

"Love isn't blind. Maybe we are all born blind and love finally gives us sight."

-Kamand Kojouri

~

I could see sound waves traveling through the air around me. But, every time I reached out to grab them my hand fell through the air.

I stumbled down the street.

I had skipped school today. I was still too high from last night to move by the time I was supposed to leave for school.

So instead, I had opted to lay in bed and taking more pills when the high began to fade.

The only reason I wasn't still in bed was that I missed Emma.

That's how I found myself walking through the street towards her house. I wasn't sure what time it was, but the sky was darkening.

A car honked at me before swerving as it tried to avoid hitting me. I couldn't help but laugh at the thought.

I slowly walked up the steps to her home before knocking. After about 2 seconds of waiting and no one answering the door, I began to knock again. This time not stopping.

"Emmaaah!" I shouted.

The door next door opened to show Rebecca. I stepped back to look at the house I stood in front of.

Shit, wrong house. I tripped down the stairs as I tried to leave.

Rebecca quickly walked over to help me up.

"You're burning up!" Rebecca gasped as she took my hand. I laughed as I leaned against her.

I poked her cheek before laughing again. She dragged me next door to the correct house.

The house felt warm and bright. Almost too bright.

Emma stepped into the room.

"Emmaah!" I yelled happily.

I quickly moved away from Rebecca. Before rushing Emma into my arms hugging her.

"You smell pretty. Like little angel kisses." I giggled.

She moved away from me with a frown.

"You have a fever." She stated tiredly.

"No, you have a fever," I argued.

"Help me get him to sit?" Emma asked Rebecca turning away from me.

I pouted. Why wasn't she pay attention to me?

Suddenly, Rebecca was forcing me to sit down on the living room couch.

I tried to stand up, but she quickly pushed me back down.

Emma sat down on a seat across the coffee table. She was too far away. How was I suppose to hug her when she was all the way over there? I frowned.

Rebecca got down to eye level with me. Her blue eyes staring into my brown ones. Her hand holding my chin.

I didn't like her touch. She wasn't Emma.

I widened my eyes before blinking them rapidly and looking away from her.

"Do you see the fairies dancing too?" I whispered to her in wonder.

She let go of my chin quickly.

"He's definitely high," Rebecca stated before moving away from me.

"No, he can't be. He's- he's just delirious from the fever." Emma said trying to convince herself.

I giggled. She frowned. Rebecca looked at Emma doubtfully.