s i x t e e n

Dear Jason,

Today I saw you picking on a freshmen when you were hanging out with your jock friends, Queen Bitch, and her barbies. You were pushing him around, calling him names, and laughing at everything your friends were saying and doing to him.

He couldn't do anything against you guys because he was smaller than all of y'all. He looked petrified because you guys are seniors picking on him. You knocked his glasses off his face and knocked his books down to the floor which made the papers fly everywhere.

You guys kept making fun of him and pushing him around until the bell rung indicating third period was about to begin, with one final push from one of your friends caused him to fall on the floor. As one of barbies walked passed she stepped on his glasses.

Crack.

The glass part of the glasses broke in half. He was still on the floor, his hands roaming over the courtyard looking for his glasses that had cracked under the pressure of the barbie's heel.

It was a sad sight. It hurt me to know that you were capable of doing this to a human being. As I know that I was going to be late for class anyways, I helped the freshmen sit-up. I gave him his cracked glasses; as he sat there on the floor with tears threatening to spill from his eyes, I picked up his papers and books. I felt very bad for him. I sat next to him and started a conversation with him.

"Hi," I spoked quietly and waved. He backed away as if I was going to punch him or push him down. He looked mortified.

"I'm not going to do anything to you I promise. I just want to know your name. My names Bella," I said to him as I put my hand gently on his back, and started rubbing small circle as a way to comfort him.

"I-I-" he tried to say.

"Take depth breaths in and out," I said calmly.

"M-my n-names Ty," He said.

"Well Ty could you tell me what happened back there?" I asked him.

"I-I d-don't t-talk a-about it," He said.

"I just want to help you, Ty," I said as I comfort him.

"T-they were making fun of me because they thought I was undressing Jason with my eyes, and starting at him like I wanted him to do the deed with," he said timidly.

I was shock at first but quickly recover from it.
"You're gay?" I asked.

He looked at the floor as if he was a shame of being gay.

"I have nothing against gays, but do you like Jason?" I asked him.

Still looking at the floor his replied was,"No, he might be hot and good looking but I don't. He's also mean to me, and he bullies me with his friends because I'm gay. Plus I already have a boyfriend, but he doesn't go here."

"Oh well don't listen to them. There just not accepting gays as most people in this world are. Maybe one day they'll see it. You were born this way. It's who you are. You didn't pick to be gay. It's just who you are. They can't accept that in this world not everyone is straight so they pick on you. Don't let them change you. Don't let them make you feel bad, and become depress because if your depress you think of suicide. I don't know you well but you seem like a cool guy and a great friend. Everyone will miss you terribly if you die and let them get to you." I told him to encourage him.

"I-I don't have friends; the only person that'll miss me would be my boyfriend," he said back to me.

"I think of myself as one of your friend, and I'll miss you when you die."