~15~

Third POV

The bunch made their way to the Sandlot.The old, brown mud now turning a shade a shade of yellow and cracking, under the suns radiation.No one wanted to play today, except Benny and Vanessa.Squints and Yeah Yeah, decided to mope around.Their shoulders hunched over, with a mock look of agony.

"Why do we 'outta play today Benny man?"Yeah Yeah asked, shading the sun with his hand.Squints nodded in agreement.

"Yeah, my glasses are gonna melt!" He explained, pulling off the spectacles and rubbing the glass dramatically.Benny rolled his eyes, and Vanessa scoffed.

"Oh stop your whining Squints, it'd take a thousand days of this shit to melt your extra eyes." Vanessa said and pulled her glove off, and motioned to the sun,

"That lil' yellow dot isn't gonna kill you."Squints shook his head, and put his glasses back on.

"C'mon, it's too hot to play baseball Ben!" Yeah Yeah stated, throwing his hands around for emphasis.Benny looked at Vanessa, who shrugged her shoulders.

"If we don't play baseball, what else are we gonna do?" Yeah Yeah looked deviously at Squints, and started laughing.

"Swimming!" They both shouted, everyone cheering in agreement.

We all walked along the hot sidewalk, shading our eyes from the sun.The temperature had to have risen at least five degrees since they left, and now Vanessa was glad that they weren't back at the sandlot playing ball; but she'd never admit that.

"Almost there!" Yeah-Yeah yelled, running a few yards ahead of everyone to get a close look.And shit you not, the temperature must have lowered a lot as soon as they were in front of the gates to enter the pool area.Vanessa walked a bit ahead though, avoiding the entrance and walking to the bathroom.

She walked into the first open stall she saw, taking her backpack off her shoulders and pulling the red and black striped bikini she had brought.She tied her hair into a high bun after changing, stuffing the other clothes into the bag and hiding it under the toilet bowl.She slid on her towel around her waist and unlocked the bathroom stall.Rushing past the lines of people she made her way to the pool, were all the guys were staring at the lifeguard.Vanessa laughed, and dove straight into the deep end of the pool.She opened her eyes, the chlorine only stinging a Milli-second.Holding her breath long enough she came up, gasping in a few breaths before swimming over to where the boys were.

"Ham, you outta shut your mouth before you catch flies." Vanessa said, placing her hand under his jaw and snapping it up.Ham rolled his eyes.

"Wendy Peffercon, possibly the hottest girl alive." Squints stated, still staring at the blond lifeguard.

"Her names Wendy?" Vanessa questioned, pointing slightly at the lady on top of the guard tower.Ham nodded, and Squints looked around.He jolted away, hopping out of the pool and going to the deep end diving board.

"What's he doing?He can't swim." Benny asked, but it was more of a statement than a question.Vanessa shrugged, picking up on Squints plan pretty quickly.Just as the guys were about to yell, Vanessa grabbed Benny's forearm, holding him from leaving.

"What?" He questioned, not looking away from his friend.

"Hes just gonna get her attention that's all."Vanessa explained, shaking her head slightly as Squints jumped off the diving board.

As Vanessa expected, everyone freaked out.She ran out of the pool, following their commotion, and as she thought, Wendy dove right into the pool.

Everyone shouted,just as soon as Squints went under water.His head bobbed up and back down a few times, gasping for breath, before he went fully under water.

Everyone, but Vanessa hopped out of the pool as fast as they could, running over to where Squint dove in from the diving board.

Vanessa slowly climbed out of the pool, walking over to the group of boys standing at the edge of the deep end.As Vanessa suspected,Wendy blew her whistle and dove right into the water, splashing around and trying to grab onto Squints unconscious body.

"He's so stupid!" Ham shouted, putting his hands on top of his head frantically. Vanessa yanked his hands away, rolling her eyes.

"He's not actually drowning guys." She explained, but non of them were listening as Wendy pushed Squints out of the pool.Benny, being the closest, grasped onto Squints arms, pulling him from the water and laying him on the ground.

Wendy started pumping his chest, proceeding to give him CPR.Vanessa, smirked just before Squints pressed his hands on the back of Wendys neck, holding her lips to his.

Everyone gasped, but Vanessa let out the laughter she had been holding in.When Wendy finally tore away, she gasped and yanked Squints up by his ear.

"Get outta here ya perv!" She shrieked, dragging him towards the exit.Vanessa and everyone followed behind, high fiving Squints and laughing.

"Man, that was great." Squints said, still awe struck.Vanessa laughed, wrapping her arm around his shoulders.

"See i told y'all he knew what he was doing." Vanessa said

"Whatever since Squints ruin the whole day for us let's go to the sandlot"Ham said and everyone was walking to the sandlot

When everyone was dress and in the sandlot they were about to play when the old friends of Vanessa minus Julio walked in

"Guys we told you leave us the hell alone"Benny said

"Vanessa come here for a sec"Britney said

Vanessa walk up to her

"What do you want"Vanessa said

Britney just give her signs to look down and when Vanessa look down , she saw that Britney had a pocket knife

"If you don't make them leave then they all get it and you will be force to watch." Britney said smirking and Vanessa was scare out of her wits but she knows that if she doesn't do this then they all are got it

"Guys can you leave us for a minutes or so"Vanessa said calm

"Are you sure"Smalls asked unsure

"I'm sure guys"Vanessa said and they all left

"Now Vanessa you will get what you deserved" Britney said smirking and stab Vanessa.