Chapter 6: The Rescue & A Meeting

Allen held me prisoner at his house for a week. He treated me how my mom did. As the maid. I didnt get it. He took me away from Danny just to make me a maid? He left beer bottles and food all over the place. He made me do his laundry. I don't think he has done his own in a long time. The whole house smelled terrible when I first got there. I was tired of this. This was a reason I was glad my mom was dead. But I was a slave again and it wasnt even her fault this time. Danny hasn't found me yet. Could he find me though? I didnt even know where I was. I cried every night. I tried getting away a few times but I would get caught and locked in the closet. It wasn't very roomy. It was a small closet, very thin. Allen would throw something at the door a few times and make fun of me. I tried not to go in there so often. He would get drunk and pass out most of the time. I wouldn't have to worry about anything bad happening. Besides him waking up to check and see if I was here or trying to make a run for it. I tried telling him to let me go but he slapped me so hard, his hand print was on my face for a couple days. I went into my little place. It was a small room with no bathroom. The windows were boarded up so I couldn't run away. I sat on the blow up bed and cried. I wanted to leave. I hated living like this over again. Why couldn't Danny find me yet? Was I too far away? Was this place outside of town? Would I ever see him again? There was a loud banging noise on the front door. I could hear Allen jump up and beer bottles smash. I headed out there to see what was going on. The two guys that helped kidnap me were here. "Glad you two could come." Allen slurred.
One of the guys was biting his nails and spitting it onto the floor. "We want extra. That fellow is going to be hard trying to take him out." I didn't think any of them notice I was standing at the end of the hallway, in plain sight listening. The second guy picked his nose and ate the booger. "$300 up front, $500 total."
Allen gave them dirty looks. "I told you both it was a even 75/35. Now look here, I have the bait. All were doing is waiting for him to come find her." My eyes widened. That's why I was brought to this god forsaken place.
      Allen rubbed his face. The first guy crossed his arms. "So, why are we here if he's not?"
"We need to set the harpoon up. Make sure were prepared for this... abomination."
The second guy cracked his neck. "So we capture it, kill it. Then sell it to the highest bidder and we get paid."
"What are you doing with the girl after all this is over?" The first guy asked.
Allen chuckled. "Cathy wouldn't want her daughter to be alone on this earth. I will marry her once she's 18. She'll have a great life, taking care of my needs." All of them began to laugh. I couldn't listen to this anymore. I raced over there, enraged. Allen turned around right on time. I punched him in the face. He fell to the ground. The two guys quickly grabbed me. I kicked Allen a couple of times. "You asshole! Leave him alone! And let me go! I will not marry you!"
      Allen stood up. His nose and lip bleeding. He punched me in the stomach. I gasped for air. The two guys let me go. I fell to the ground, crying. Allen shook his hand around. "Your mother, was the best thing to come into my life. I was doing you a favor. Now I see how ungrateful you are, just like she always said." His eyes met the two guys. "Go to the barn and grab a couple of items. We need to make sure the bait stays in one place."

   Night came. All three of them made sure I didnt leave the room. My ankle was shackled to the wall. Another shackle was around my throat. If I moved a certain way, I'd end up choking myself. Tears kept falling.  I tried to think if a way to get free. But there was nothing around me to help. Nothing to do but think. My mind went to what Allen said. He was going to kill Danny. Getting his revenge for killing my mom. They probably thought they could get money for selling such a rare creature. I wanted to warm him. There was no way for me to. I would tell him not to come, to leave me here and save himself.
     I remembered Allen coming to see my mom. He told her he stayed up all night once. Just to wait for the biggest deer in the woods. He always gave her more money to buy drugs. He wasnt a good guy. My dirty hands wiped my face. I felt disgusting. My stomach hurt from being punched. I thought only that kind of stuff happened to just guys in the movies.
    The door to the room slowly began to open. My heart dropped. A dark figure stood there. I didnt know who it was but I wasnt going down without a fight. My hands ran across the floor, looking for anything to defend myself. The figure came towards me. To my luck, there was a small sharp piece of glass. I waited for the figure to get closer. When I felt them close enough. I quickly turned around glass it the air ready to strike. The figure grabbed my hand before I even could hurt them. My heart dropped. The figure moved the hoodie off their head. It was Danny. The glass fell out of my hand. My eyes watering. I touched his face to make sure I wasnt dreaming, he wasnt a dream. His fingers ran across my face. I stared at him. "I missed you." I whispered. I didn't want anyone hear me talking to someone.
Danny smiled. "I have too." His eyes focused on my bonds. I had to ask this now.