Chapter 7: The Plan

It's been two days and Danny still wasn't back yet. I was worried about him. Was he going to be the monster they want him to be? Why couldn't they fall in love with humans? They acted like I was just a food source for them to survive. The guards wouldn't let me leave the apartment. I tried multiple times and they only growled at me to get back inside. I tried to read some of my books but I couldn't stay on track. I missed him. At night, I would sleep in his room.  I was scared that when he came back, he'd kill me. I cried at the thought for him ripping me to pieces. My life flashing before my eyes as I faded into nothingness. My eyes grew heavy. From all the crying and worrying, I managed to fall asleep.

I woke up after a few hours, dying of thirst. Going out into the living room, my heart jumped out of my chest. A figure stood there in the dark. As I slowly inched closer, it was Danny. He was in his green monster form.  My hands were shaking. "Danny?" I managed to get out.

He lunged at me, growling. I ducked as his body hit the wall. I ran back to the room. Slamming the door and locked him out. He jiggled the door knob. Then silence. My heart was racing. I didn't have much time. Within seconds, he busted down the door. I screamed. Before I had a chance to try and run back out the door, he pinned me down against the ground. A necklace was dangling off his neck. I looked at it. "Test" was what it said. Danny had in tears in his eyes. He went down to my neck.  I was crying. "Danny please stop." I felt his lips on my skin. He was kissing my neck. I looked at him. He stared into my eyes. His red eyes were missing. There were purple eyes. My eyes got wide. "You're not Danny! Let me go!" He wouldn't let go. I screamed and kicked. A loud voice call out to me.  I followed it.

     As I opened my eyes, Danny was siting on the bed. It was only a dream. Whatever it was, wasn't here. His red eyes beaming on me. "Sammy." I stared at him. I didn't know whether or not to trust him. Was it really him? Danny didn't look the same. He was half human and half his green and purple form. I studied him for a few more moments before finally speaking. "What did they do to you?" He wasn't supposed to be like this. 

He stared at me. "I'm okay. You have to take the necklace off. I can't." I looked. It was the same necklace in my dream. It said "Test". My fingers wrapped around the chain. What if this wasn't really Danny? What if they sent a trap? My eyes looked at him. "How do I know this is really Danny?"

His eyes widened then grew sad. He seemed like he couldn't believe I didn't trust him. "If you take it off, I can prove to you its really me." I started questioning myself. He grabbed my hand that was holding the chain. "Since when do you sleep in here? Don't you feel safer with the lock on your door?" My hand pulled on the chain. It snapped off of his neck.  He changed from human to his green and purple forms. Then stayed a human. He knew I felt safe with a lock on my door. His didn't have one. I hugged him. Danny kissed my head.

"I'm okay." His hands were running up and down my back. He got on top of me and kissed me.  I smiled into our kiss. I had missed him a lot. Danny stared into my eyes. "I love you."

"I love you too." I smiled at him. His shirt slid up. Grabbing his shirt, I took it off. Deep red slashes were across his chest. I gasped.  "What did they do to you?" I was upset that they hurt him. This is what they did to him... All because he wouldn't eat me.

His eyes looked away from me. "They whipped me. They tried to get me to kill people. I refused.  They stuck that necklace on me. This is my last warning. I have to kill you or be sentenced to death."

 I had tears in my eyes. Danny rubbed my back gently. I was going to lose the only person who cared about me. This wasn't a soothing welcome back gift. My worst fears were coming to life. Danny would either have to kill me or be killed in the end.