7. As Cold As Fire

At home I somehow managed to keep my face away from my mom's sight. I skipped dinner to avoid contact with Mom and Dad. After applying some first aid on my wounds I lied on the bed thinking about all that happened today, "that guy was so powerful, how can I beat him and where can I find him again. Yeah that's the main question ,if I want to be a hero or maybe like a hero I should be present on almost each and every crime scene in the city. Should I steal a police walkie-talkie or there is any other option .Ahh there's one method, I can copy spiderman and sign in for a part-time newspaper reporter. If I signed for reporter my boss will inform me about the supervillan happening so I can take a actual site photo and stuff like that. Great idea isn't it?"

~~Next Morning~~

I didn't knew when I slept yesterday, but anyways it was a peaceful sleep. I woke up and went in bathroom to check my wounds, the burn on my shoulder was healed and other wounds too!, I was surprized . Am I having a healing power , Wow! , that's great , just like the wolverine in X-men . Man it's awesome, now I can fight freely without worrying about hurting myself. Nidhi would be happy to hear this. Talking about Nidhi ,she told me yesterday that she'll find some way to beat this guy, I hope she does this as soon as possible ,what if I encountered him before that. I kept thinking about all this while getting ready to school, while having breakfast I heard the doorbell. Mom was busy cooking and dad was in his room so I myself opened the door and saw Nidhi with her school bag . " Hii, good morning", I welcomed her with a formal 'hii' . Mom saw her and came towards us leaving whatever work she was doing." Hello Nidhi,good morning! .What brings you here in early morning, sweetie?" ,mom asked Nidhi with a cheerful grin on her face. "Nothing serious Aunty, just thought of picking Neil for school. Are you ready Neil?" ,said Nidhi looking at me while I was busy completing my breakfast .Nidhi is one of the rich students in our school,she has a BMW for dropping and picking her from school everyday.

I completed my breakfast and went towards Nidhi who was sitting in hall waiting for me. She guided me towards her ride. It was my first time in BMW ,the car was auspecious .She's so lucky to have a car like this. I was so busy seeing the interior of the car that I didn't noticed that the car was not going towards the school." Where are we going Nidhi?" ,I asked her ."I found a new fabric on the internet which is fire resistant, look here it is ,we are going to that costume designer to make one more costume for you with this fabric" , she cleared my confusion while showing some black cloth from her bag which looked similar to spandex. After that I told her about my healing power and my idea of joining as a news reporter. She was so happy to hear about my healing power that she hugged me!. Yeah you read it right ,she 'hugged' me. We reached the shop in 5 mins and asked him to remake the suit with that fire resistant fabric .He agreed ,moreover he said that he'll give it in half hour .So we waited in his shop for more half hour, during that time Nidhi told me that she's getting awesome ideas for any problem she encountered , she said maybe her brain is over developed and she even told me that she has made a handcuff like gadget which is cylindrical in shape ,if I manage to lock that fire and ice guy's hands in it .His both hands will face each other and if he tries to shoot fire it'll melt his ice hand and vice versa. I'm really excited to use this on that supervillian. Once again hats off to Nidhi's intelligence. About the reporter idea, she told that she'll sign in as reporter, so that she can get clear actual site photographs and now a days she doesn't even needs to study for her exams because of her 'super intelligince'.

Even though I'm not a nerd,I'll tell you gives that this is my first school bunk and that also with one of the topper in my grade seems pretty funny yeah! . The suit was ready in half hour as told by the tailor, it looked almost similar except for one change, the fabric. After that Nidhi asked her driver to drive back home."Is she insane? ,home?, what will she answer to her parents?" ,thousand thoughts came in my mind.I asked her about it and she told that she's alone at home,her parents are on a foreign trip and her driver is quite friendly, he'll not spill all this in front of her parents. Cool life isn't it? .

At her home she offered me some chips and then we went in her room, she showed me that handcuffs she made. Her dad is incharge of one branch of TATA steel industry so there's no surprize where she got scrap metal and tools to modify it. Then we sat in her room chit-chatting while the TV was on with some news channel. We had a awkward chat about yesterday's date ,she told me I was looking good yesterday in black and white combination ,it made me blush and she caught me blushing and started giggling. Just then the news reporter stole our attention, he was saying that the yesterday's guy was spotted again in the jewellary shop. Its too big to always call him 'fire and ice guy' so i'll just give him a pet name as 'coldfire', sounds good.

We went to that jewellary shop along with Nidhi's driver. I wore my suit in a corner and arrived at the fight scene with that hi-tech handcuffs. This time I made the first move, I threw a medium sized rock towards him,but I missed , how lame am I. He , as I predicted threw firebolts at me , many of them hit me but I felt just like someone's throwing small rocks at me. Thanks to the fireproof suit . He seemed pretty surprized as his attacks were failing , he also tried throwing ice towards me. It was sharp ice but did nothing serious damage to my suit and skin too. I felt like I have a armour of God. I went close to him and punched him in his stomach, he was pushed a few meters away . Then he also tried punching me but I was better than him in 1 v 1 fighting skills , thanks to youtube. I easily pinned him after giving a few kicks and punches on his face and torso . While he was down lying in pain I took the handcuffs which I kept on the jewellary counter before starting the fight and used it on him. I gave him a piece of advice about how this thing works and if he tries to use powers he'll end up losing one of his hands.

I handed him to the police and slid off from the crowd who were searching me for taking photos and went into the BMW where Nidhi was waiting for me, smiling proudly.

Loving the story? Please please do vote for it.
Votes and comments mean a lot to me. Don't be a silent reader