8.Day Off

After that exhausting fight, Nidhi dropped me home. I lied to mom that I waited for extra football practise so I'm late, mom seemed convienced and it was good for me. For the rest of the day I just stayed in my room playing computer games and doing random stuff. I kept a track on my healing power though, it was pretty fast. I can heal deepest wounds in 2-3 hours and minor ones heal in less than one hour.

~Next morning~

Ahh.. it was Sunday atlast. After a long lazy sleep I woke up at 10:00 am in morning .Wasted next hour in Bathroom completing my daily routines. Mom was making some sandwiches which I ate hurriedly and went to Nidhi to take my suit back which I forgot in her car yesterday. As she already mentioned her parents were not at home, but her sister was. Her sister opened the door, the house was preety messed up ,as if somekind of house party took place last night. I went to Nidhi's room, she was not there. I assumed that she's in bathroom so I just waited for her in her room. I was bored, sitting idle in her room for more than 10 mins, so I started searching for some interesting stuff to entertain myself. I found some weird things there,weird in the sense girly things which I shouldn't check or shouldn't even mention. Atlast I got something good,an iPad. Maybe it belongs to Nidhi, so I unlocked it and started searching for games or atleast Youtube. I failed to find games,there were all nerdy stuff in her iPad such as Wordpuzzel, Wattpad and my most hated thing-'candy crush'. I found an app named 'Signals',when I opened it, there were few windows displaying some CCTV footages of our city. It was cool,but how Nidhi got it and what was she doing with that app? maybe scouting the city for people with superpowers, I figured out.

Just then I heard the bathroom door open. Before I could react ,a loud slamming pierced my ears,the bathroom door closed. Nidhi yelled at me from inside," Neil,can't you warn me that you are in my room, get the hell out of here ,now!". I managed to go out as soon as possible and waited for her in the hall. She took 10 more minutes to get ready and atlast,called me in.

I thought I'll hear a long lecture for waiting in her room, but I didn't. I was welcomed with a simple smile and a 'hii'. She knew why I was there, and returned my suit. I asked her about all the mess in her house and she repied same as I expected," there was a party here last night". Then the main question was why didn't she invited me? ." I thought you were tired and exhausted after yesterdays fight so I didn't informed you about that", Nidhi said before I could ask her ."Is she a psychic? ,I still can't figure how the hell she knows everything or almost everything I'm about to say.". "No Neil,I'm not a psychic ,your face tells everything that you are thinking", Nidhi again gave me a shock by replying to my 'thoughts'. By the way, what she means that my face tells her everything?

After some non productive chat, we turned towards our 'work'. Nidhi has signed for a local newspaper as a reporter which is a good news as we'll be updated with whatever stuff happens in the city. Also, she has hacked into the police CCTV department and managed to develop a simple app showing all live footage .I didn't knew Nidhi knows coding and app developing." I learnt coding from the internet this month, and I adopted it pretty fast", again Nidhi answered my 'thought'.Damn this girl is weird.

So as you all know that Nidhi's having super intelligence, this super girl has an idea to cure the superpowers and bringing people back to normal by creating some kinda antidote to that stuff which affected her ,me and some other people out there, but for that she needs a sample of that meteoride which caused all this and it is now in a lab near its crashing site,that is on mt.Abu. So she wants me to come with her,sneek in the lab and steal one tiny piece of that extraterristial stone.This girl is getting weirder day by day.

She has even planned of arranging a family trip to mt.Abu ,including me with her family next weekend. Seems fun to me,but lets see, as you all know my life don't allow me to enjoy a good moment peacefully.

The whole week went blur with no supervillian encounter and nothing interesting but waiting for Saturday to come. Nidhi asked my mom for permission and got a positive reply.

~Saturday~

We've to reach mt.Abu as early as possible so Nidhi told me to be ready at 5 am ,she even called me at 4:30 so i'd be ready in time. I completed my daily routines packed my bag with some chips ,chocolates and most important ,the suit. Her car arrived just in time,she was there on the back seat waiting for me. So here I was,sitting besides Nidhi in a luxurious BMW on a one hour journey to Mt.Abu.

Hey Guys , this was a short chapter though. I've been a bit busy these days so can't think of something more interesting.But I promise, next chapter would  be a lot more interesting