12. Back In Time

Two days had passed, I remember saying to that shape shifter to fight again so I gotta meet him at the same place this afternoon. I can't say that I ain't nervous but my confidence level is greater that nervousness so I'm in a cheerful mood. As I said before, being at Nidhi's place is really awesome experience. Varieties of breakfast everyday along with a 'order what you want' facility for lunch and dinner makes me feel like I'm already in heaven. Moreover Nidhi's here as a cute angel to enchant this heavenly feeling.

I got a good news this morning, the news channel was showing something which looked like there had been a animal encounter near old city area. It says- A superhuman having abilities to shape shift was causing havoc in city being an elephant. The policemen shot him with poisonous darts to make him unconscious but he suddenly turned into tiger and the amount of poison which they injected, assuming him to be elephant was pretty high for a tiger to resist so he's now passively dead and kept in a zoo with high security.

I was thinking of kicking him in prison but zoo is a better idea. Hats off to the one who got this idea of zoo, it'll embarrass him till his death or he'll just commit suicide by turning into snake and biting his own tail and then turning into human again.

So, my work of the day has been cancelled so I attained the school. School was now feeling like a strange place, earlier we guys used to roam in school like it's our grandma's home. A home with a lot of rooms. Some places restricted for boys and some for girls. In the class, our teacher was too surprised seeing me. The study hours went blur except for some staring between me and Nidhi. In lunch break I felt like thousands of daggers shooting at me, every single student was glaring at me as if I've came out of the bathroom and forgot to put on some clothes, gross! . This became even worse when I saw Nidhi shouting my name, addressing me towards her table. We had our lunch. Actually it was not enough for me as my appetite has increased a lot since I got this super strength. I waved a good bye to nidhi and paved my way towards my class .But some weirdo jumped in punching my shoulder," Hey Neil, what's up?" he exclaimed. " Who the hell is this guy?", I wondered. "Hey kid, who are you?" I said awkwardly. These days any unknown guy approaches me as if we've been friends since centuries. " I'm saurabh, remember I once helped you during Biology exam?". "Damn! who's this guy? how the hell can I remember who helped me during some biology exam? In fact I barely remember attaining which test he's blaberring about!", I thought and slightly felt proud of me being popular. I somehow managed to get rid of that guy and continued towards my class. The rest of the day went blur and I was home, Nidhi's home.

As always, no one was home except me and Nidhi. Here family members are one of those 'busy whole day' peoples. I grabbed some snacks, went into Nidhi's room and sat beside that nerd who was busy solving some physics stuff. "Dah.. boring as always!" I exclaimed, on which I got a perfect nerd style reply from her saying, " It's boring for those who don't understand it". I was not in a mood to debate so I just passed it and went in my room, trying to sleep. But Nidhi didn't even let me sleep peacefully, she yelled at me asking to come to her room, I did as she ordered but honestly I was not at all willing to move even a centimeter away from my bed.

" Neil, come here have a look, this certain guy claims that he can travel back in time and helps people solve their problems in past", said Nidhi while showing me some ammature video tape on youtube. " Its great, what the big deal", I replied. " It is a big deal, one should not change the past or the whole future changes, he is doing a crime which is not mentioned in any of the crime books as he is the first to do this. Neil we have to stop him and there's only one way we can do- it inject the antidote in him " she said with a concerned look.

Actually she has a point, changing the past will for sure ruin the future and may result in various types of paradox . Moreover he must be taking a lot of money for this. " Come on, lets find him" I said to Nidhi who was expecting this anwser from me.

I took my suit and my swiss knife and left the room, Nidhi joined me downstairs. She took the antidote with her and we were off for searching this dude along with our trustable driver. After a long two hour drive at last we reached his place. He lived in a village out of the town, a damn modern village. In fact it dosen't seemed to be a village but a industrial city ,earlier it was a poor villiage so people still call it a village, how can people be so dumb I don't understand. Will you call a grown up man a baby just because he was a baby few years earlier?

We had to wait in a queue to see him, he had a huge demand for his abilities. As we entered we decided to take it potitly. I started this bitter conversation," Sir, we are here to tell you that whatever you are messing with time is not at all a good thing and you need to stop that right now ". Bitter start got a bitter ending though, he answered negatively, actually rudely. So we decided to directly inject him,I took the antidote and rushed towards him while nidhi closed the room so no one could interfere. Injecting the serum was the easy part but what happened next was the worst thing that could ever happen.

He was losing his ability but while that was happening he said something which sounded like," You will regret this." and grabbed my and Nidhi's hand and then we were falling into some infinite well of darkness for about .... I don't know maybe 3 hours or something like that and at last we touched the ground. The ground of different place, maybe different era. We all were lying on a sand road and our surrounding seemed a pretty weird, there were stone buildings, old fashioned vehicles somewhat like pre - independence period of India. I saw at that guy and he was laughing saying," you should rust in your past" and then he stood up and disappeared leave both of us in shock.

Sometime later we were aware of the fact that he made us travel back in time, in past, almost 70 years earlier and now there's now way out of this, he himself is cured so he also cant go in future neither can we. Nidhi had a theory that she can construct a time machine but she'll need some 'scientific help'. And then, we were roaming in this unknown world for food, shelter and ofcourse in search of a science lab.

After some enquiry we found a science faculty and a kind man helping us to guide us to meet a physics expert of their period. Every thing seemed weird, no taxi, no telephone booths nothing. We traveling on a bullock kart. WE reached his house at evening so he offered us something to eat while listening to our impossible talks. But being a physics expert he was somewhat getting what we were into and how. We revealed him some surprises, like research of black hole and dark matter etc. And at last he was ready to give us shelter,food and to create time machine but he says it'll take a lot more time than we expected.