Chapter 13 ~ Too Close

Jeric’s POV

“I refused my friend invitation because of you, Bro.” I told Jeron. As I drive off to Arena for cheer dance competition.

“Why so gay, bro?” he teasingly answered. 

The truth is.. Maddison invited me to watch UAAP cheer dance with her but Jeron asked me first so, I have to be with my brother instead of her.

“Gay, your face. You really don’t know that I missed a big chance today.” I said and can’t help but to smile. I know, it sounds so gay but sorry, I was just thinking about her every time I smiled.

“Are you in drugs?”

“Of course not. Why did you ask?” I answered him and stop the car as the traffic light turn red.

“You’re weird. Bigla-bigla ka na lang ngumi-ngiti.”  

“Sira! I’m just happy because…”

“Inlove ka, bro!” He instantly screamed and continued teasing me. “Inlove ka nga, bro! Yun O! Who’s the lucky girl?”

“Inlove? Hahaha! Wala ata niyan sa vocabulary ko.” I awkwardly answered.

I’m inlove? Kanino naman? Hypocrite! Syempre kay Maddison my mind told me. No, I’m not, Maddison is a friend and nothing else.  I’m always exultant when I’m with her but it doesn’t mean that I have feelings for her. She’s like my lil sister. Liar!

“You’re in denial stage now but its okay.  Sooner or soonest, you’ll find out your true feelings for that certain girl.” Si mang Kanor ba kasama ko? Where is my brother? Anong alam naman ni Jeron sa mga advice na ganito. He had totally grown up well. I didn’t answer him because I started the engine.

“I’m in the same stage as you are, bro.” he seriously said. I looked at him for a while and I caught him smiling in nowhere. How long did I not see that smile?

“Really?”

“Arrgg. I don’t know. Basta naguguluhan ako ngaun. She’s different.. hmm. How do I describe her?” I was stunned what Jeron’s doing, he’s like a kid that wanted to pee and can’t find a comfort room.

“Basta ang hirap niya intindihin. Ayaw niya nga lumabas kaming dalawa. We’re just texting each other. ” He leaned nearer to me. “Do you get it, bro?”

“You’re in love with your text mate?” I asked him.

“She’s not my text mate, I already meet her but not in a good way. And to clear I’m not inlove with her, nacchallenge lang ako sa kanya.”

He just said a while ago that he’s in the same stage as mine and now what? Tsk. No doubt, he’s my brother.  And this is the first time Jeron opened up a topic about girl, back when he was eight when he told us that he’s in love with his childhood friend.

“Naka move-on ka na ba sa first love mo?”

“Who? Joanna?” he answered.  Joanna was his former girlfriend.

“No. I was talking about your childhood friend.”

He stares me and remembering something. “O si Addi ba?”

“Yupp. First love mo un diba?”

“Let’s not talk about her, nawala na lang siya ng bigla and it hurts me so much.” He stated in a sad tone. I knew it. Sorry for opening up topic like this, bro.