Chapter 33 ~ Bounce Back

“Why did you slap me?”

“My gosh! You’re such a pervert, Totoy! I hate you for stealing my first kiss!” Maddison angrily shouted to her best friend as she wipes her lips hostilely.

“I was the one got hurt then ikaw yung umiiyak dyan. Ano ba talaga ang problema mo, Addi?” Her best friend tries to hold her hands but she dodge it and gave him a warning look. He just scratches of his head as if he did not understand what is going on.

“You kiss me! Huhu!”

“What’s wrong with that?”

“Are you crazy? Sabi ni Mommy I have to reserve my first kiss to the boy I only love, might as call boyfriend. Jesus! You’re not even my boyfriend.” She said while sobbing soundless. Maddison saw how Jeron smiled to her teasingly.

“What?!” she half shouting told him. Hindi niya kasi maintindihan kung bakit natutuwa pa ang kaibigan niya  sa ginawa sa kanya. He stole her first kiss.

Lumapit naman sa kanya si Jeron at dahan-dahang inaakbayan siya. She can’t control her tears, naging baliwala na ung dapat memorable first kiss niya.

“I will take full responsibility of my action, Addi. Just stop crying.”

“Wha-t?”

“I am more than willing to be your boyfriend. You like that? Think about it, me your boyfriend had your first kiss.” Jeron gave her a Teng one-sided-smile. Napanga-nga na lang siya sa sinabi ng kaibigan niya kasabay ng pagtigil ng luha at sa ilang segundo ay nakabawi din.

“No!!”She protested. Agad namang nalungkot ang mukha ni Jeron.

“Why?”

“You can’t be my boyfriend because you’re my best friend. You can’t have two roles in my life… that’s too greedy!” She seriously complained and in a sudden Jeron outburst a laughter.

“O Addi. I’m loving you more and more.”

Hindi maiwasang mapangiti ni Maddison habang inaalala niya ang  pangyayaring iyon. Binigyan kasi siya ng ate niya ng mga lumang litrato na ngaun ay tinitingnan niya, old happy photos with him.  They were 7 years old that time and with that age talaga namang masasabing hindi niya pa alam ang ibig sabihin ng boyfriend.

“Namimiss ko na siya.” She thought in a sudden as she touched the picture.

Now that everything is fine she can atleast say na masaya siya kahit papano. Previous day Jeric sent his photo with Jeron telling her that they’re okay at kailangan na sila din dapat. She’s happy with that and just for the peaceful she decided to meet Jeron.

“Anak, you have visitor.” Her mom knocks on the door.

“Sige po. Lalabas na lang  ako.” Niligpit niya muna ang mga nagkalat sa kama niya at lumabas ng kwarto. Sino naman kaya ang bisita niya?

---

Maddison’s POV

I was taking my steps to living room when I saw Mayerie and Jeric are busy talking. They are actually casually talking I can see that their okay now. Pano kaya kung magkabalikan sila? Boto naman ako kay Jeric. Hindi ko maiwasang mapangiti sa naisip ko.